This rules

ebass

Bottom Line
Sep 17, 2002
Nor Cal
enchant.nu
New RUSH Album To Be Completed By End Of The Month! :headbang:

The following report is courtesy of RUSH fansite Power Windows:
On Monday (January 15th), RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson spoke with Canada's Rock Station about the new album. Alex states the band came to LA on Monday, January 15th to mix album and should be done by the end of the month. The album took only 30 days to record, the shortest time they have taken to record an album since A Farewell To Kings. Andrew MacNaughtan has been video taping the entire project, with the possibility of including a making of DVD. The band plans on launching a North American tour on June 12th or 13th, running through the end of the year, to be followed by dates in Europe and South America.

I'm very curious what this will sound like given how disappointing the last release was for me. The songs were tight, but the production was so muddy. I probably only gave it a spin three times.

Cannot WAIT for the new album and tour
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Yes the infamous 'bad mix' on Vapor Trails was annoying as heck....

But VP was definitely a really good album - especially after you read Neil's 'GHOST RIDER' and you can see the influence of everything he went through in just about every song.

And Ghost Rider itself is just an absolutely amazing tune. :worship:

No disrespect to anybody, as I can totally understand how one can dislike the production of "Vapor Trails", but how the production can hamper good songs to the extent that you hardly ever listen to the record is beyond me. In my opinion, the production fits the idea and overall vibe of the disc very well, it's energetic, spontaneous and raw. All in all, I'm probably one of the biggest "Vapor Trails" fans there is... it would make my top 5 list of Rush albums, I think (along with "Hold Your Fire", "Moving Pictures", "Signals" and another one, depending on my mood and the time of the day...).

That being said, I'm SO freakin' stoked for that new CD of theirs. Rumor has it that the leading theme will be religion in America and that the title might be something along the lines of "Snakes & Ladders", a variation on the name of that children's game (which actually has a profoundly religious/mystical background!). Sounds mighty interesting, and right now I doubt Rush will ever disappoint me with whatever they do... especially not if it's followed up on by a world tour.:)

Personally, I hope that keyboards will be used again on this album, because for me "Power Windows" and "Hold Your Fire" are my alltime favorites, but we'll just have to wait and see.......

And... hopefully they come back to Europe...:worship:

I saw them for the first time in 1992 and on their 30th anniversary in 2004, so if I have to wait 12 years again....:erk:

Talking about new albums... How is it with Enchant?:)

Doing our best to find time to finish it before some of us grow old and have grey beards and canes onstage supporting it on tour :rolleyes:

Personally, I hope that keyboards will be used again on this album, because for me "Power Windows" and "Hold Your Fire" are my alltime favorites, but we'll just have to wait and see.......

And... hopefully they come back to Europe...:worship:

I saw them for the first time in 1992 and on their 30th anniversary in 2004, so if I have to wait 12 years again....:erk:

Talking about new albums... How is it with Enchant?:)

Doing our best to find time to finish it before some of us grow old and have grey beards and canes onstage supporting it on tour :rolleyes:
:lol: i wouldn't mind the canes and the grey hair ... nothing can lessen your devine attractiveness, ed m'dear. :tickled:
but an album within the next decade _would_ be nice. :D

rush fans forgive me ... my first and last LP was "moving pictures". :oops: i'm slow.

Right back at you :oops: you are a doll. Hey you need a vacation to Nor Cal in May :0

:lol: i wouldn't mind the canes and the grey hair ... nothing can lessen your devine attractiveness, ed m'dear. :tickled:
but an album within the next decade _would_ be nice. :D

rush fans forgive me ... my first and last LP was "moving pictures". :oops: i'm slow.

Personally, I hope that keyboards will be used again on this album, because for me "Power Windows" and "Hold Your Fire" are my alltime favorites,

POWER WINDOWS IS

:headbang::worship:rock::worship:rock::worship:rock::worship:

"Dreams flow across the heartland
Feeding on the fires
Dreams transport desires
Drive you when you're down
Dreams transport the ones
Who need to get out of town."

As far as I'm concerned, "Vapor Trails" already was a comeback album with a vengeance, but I'm awaiting the new disc as eagerly.
The topic Peart chose as the leading theme of the album makes me believe the new lyrics have the same thoughtful quality they had on VT... during most of the 90s, Rush lyrics have sometimes been to harmless and friendly compared to what they used to write before.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And in the worst case... A WHEELCHAIR...
How else can you play the bass then??? You have grown a third arm then?
One to hold the cane and 2 to play the bass?!?

Congrats on you Conklin endorsement!:headbang: