This was bound to happen...

I do likes me some Skynyrd!!! One of my top 10 favorite bands, i think....but it has to be OLD skynyrd....New Skynyrd don't count! haha

SIXXSWINE - was it you who told me at one point how much Vince Neil looked like Johnny Van Zandt?? That was some funny shit! And TRUE!

tedvanfrehley said:
Say, Swine: That begs the question - What's your favorite Skynryd song????
Mine is THE BALLAD OF CURTIS LEOW
Yeah It was me that said that Johnny Van Zant looked like Vince or is it vice versa?! Look at those two, separated at birth!!!!

Favorite Skynyrd tracks...
Classic: Gimme Three Steps & Staturday Night Special
Current: Red White & Blue(great track sounds more country than southern rock)

Just for the hell of it: Gimme Back My Bullets '03 W/Kid Rock
also Travelin' Man '00 where they merged the two Van Zants & turned the track into a duet... That's eerie.

My favorite is their "Muscle Shoals" era recordings (predating their first LP)... The sounds a little blusier than their later stuff.

(I'm impressed that a post about Lynyrd Skynyrd hasn't been flamed yet... this forum has a high threshhold!)

wdiv said:
My favorite is their "Muscle Shoals" era recordings (predating their first LP)... The sounds a little blusier than their later stuff.

(I'm impressed that a post about Lynyrd Skynyrd hasn't been flamed yet... this forum has a high threshhold!)
I think this is the second Skynyrd thread since I have been here & they haven't flamed it yet. I see them more as a classic rock band anyway.
Have any of you heard the Bonfire attempt at southern rock? That truly is a compliment when a band from Germany is trying to steal your licks...