this whole proposal to BUY stamps for email is insane

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
kidfinger.jpg

fuck you bill gates i will simply continue to delete the spam. fucker.

i disagree! it just has to be properly implemented.

1. Each e-mail costs no more than 1/10th of a cent to send.
2. Everyone will have a "buddy list" of e-mail addresses; if the sender and receiver are on each other's buddy list, the e-mail is FREE.

I don't mind paying a tenth of a cent to send an e-mail here and there, and of course everyone I e-mail a lot will be immediately added to my buddy list. and spammers who send 1,000,000 messages will be socked with fees!

heh, i don't pay for mine. :)

Well, think about this--ISPs will offer you "100 free e-mails a month!" that's only $1 to them, and most people won't use it all before adding people to their buddy lists. Totally free e-mail providers like Yahoo could require you to pay, though.

Your proposition alex means a centralized system where authorized emails are free and others won't be. That means that 1 company controls the flux of emails for the entire world. Capitalism tells me that the company trying to do this is Microsoft, and I just hate the thought of that. This sounds 1984 as hell...

Totally against it, this is crap. And people will find ways around it, don't worry.

xfer said:
OH GEE like that's not already done with something called THE INTERNET.
The internet does not authenticate each and every mails you send. This is the same crap as the NSA asking that every encryption method must have a backdoor just in case they need it. Fuck that!

I don't think you understand the technical aspect of the problem so from now on I will bow out of the discussion because I don't want to have to explain how your ISP works...

No, I was referring to how a single company controls a free non-commercial commodity, which is the same as how the Internet works in other respects (such as domain creation). It can be made to work for e-mail just like it has been made to work for domains--with plenty of governmental oversight to keep things fair.