This would be my set list ( London )

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
If there was a saxon comp and you won it, the prize was to pick the set list for the London concert what would it be in no order max 21 songs.
Or which ever concert your going to.
1, Motorcycle man
2, suzie hold on
3, wheels of steel
4, Dallas 1pm
5, Lionheart
6, Man and machine
7, The thin red line
8, The eagle has landed
9, To hell and back again
10, Killing ground
11, 747 strangers in the night
12, Dragons lair
13, warrior
14, Call of the wild
15, Midas touch
16, Street fighting gang
17, Sailing to america
18, Terminal velocity
19, Bloodletter
20, Hole in the sky
21, Heavy metal thunder

The Eagle, and a film crew.:headbang:

Yeah ok this could be fun.
1,Heavy Metal Thunder
2,Freeway Mad
3,Unleash The Beast
4,Backs To The Wall
5,Crusader
6,Eagle Has Landed
7,Devil; Rides Out
8,MetalHead
9,English Manowar
11,Denim And Leather
12,Solid Ball Of Rock
13,Lionheart
14 Bap Shoo Ap
15,Power And The Glory
16,Big Teaser
17,Wheels Of Steel
18,Strong Arm Of The Law
19,A Little Bit Of What You Fancy
20,Denim And Leather
21,Hungry Years.

Shit hot or what?

heres mine

1.killing ground
2.power and glory
3.stand up and be counted
4.all guns blazing
5.conquistador
6.unleash the beast
7.princess of the night
8.bloodletter
9.heavy metal thunder
10.takin your chances
11.see the light shining
12.deeds of glory
13.serchin for atlantis
14.lionheart
15.stalions of the highway
16.denim and leather
17.sea of life
18. baptizm of fire
19.strong arm of the law
20.wheels o steel
21.this town rocks

1.killing ground
2.power and glory
3.stand up and be counted
4.frozen rainbow
5.machine gun
6.unleash the beast
7.princess of the night
8.dallas 1pm
9.heavy metal thunder
10.the eagle has landed
11.see the light shining
12.the thin red line
13.searching for atlantis
14.lionheart
15.stalions of the highway
16.rock the nations
17.sea of life
18.metal head
19.jack tar / english mano war
20.dogs of war
21.this town rocks

god that was hard, and ive just realised ive missed , crusader wheels of steel and many others im just glad i dont have to pick the set list for next week id be in trouble , see you all in manchester and belgium

wilks Bap Shoo Ap god i havent heard that song in ages i used to have it on the old record think it was a B side to a single think that song would go down a storm live as like an extra track for the fans to scream out, well thought of, and yeah id stick Freeway mad on there as well if i could pick more tracks never heard that one live yet

BAP SHOO AP, BAP SHOO AP :kickass:

all guns blazing

dogs of war

20,000 feet

frozen rainbow

lionheart

rockin again

fire in the sky

sea of life

circle of light

and the bands played on

back on the streets

this town rocks

what goes around

heavy metal thunder

justice

the eagle has landed

prisoner

princess of the night

denim and leather

unleash the beast

back to back gigs from 1st album to last,greedy i know,wishfull thinking i know,one thing i know it will be hell of a show.from first to last saxon know how to kick ?

My set list would be
1,Motorcycle man
2,Witchfinder General
3,Heavy Metal Thunder
4,Frozen Rainbow
5,Strong Arm Of The Law
6,Suzie Hold On
7,And The Bands Played On
8,Lionheart
9,Princess Of The Night
10,Bap Shoo Ap
11,Power And The Glory
12,Searching For Atlantis
13,Unleash The Beast
14,Denim And Leather
15,Broken Heroes
16,Dogs Of War
17,Justice
18,747 Strangers In The Night
Encore's Dallas 1pm,Wheels Of Steel.

I would like to hear many songs from 79-84, Rockin' Again from Innocence and some songs from their latter albums. Then again, Denim and Leather etc. might be bit boring since I've heard them before so many times... But two songs I would definetly want to hear:

Rock Is Our Life
Till Hell Freezes Over

1.Motorcycle Man
2.Backs to the wall
3.Warrior
4.Redline
5.Freeway mad
6.To hell and back again
7.20.000 feet
8.Frozen rainbow
9.Midnight rider
10.This town rocks
11.Stallions of the highway
12.Denim and leather
13.Strong arm of the law
14.Dallas 1pm
15.Princess of the night

Encore 1
16.And the bands played on
17.see the lights shinning
18.747(strangers in the night)
19.Machine gun

Encore 2
20.Power and the glory
21.Crusader
22.The eagle has landed

Encore 3
23.This town Rocks
24.Suzy hold on
25.Heavy metal thunder

Any chance I could sit on your face Metal Dude while we watch Saxon perform your mindblowin setlist. Hells bells what am I say, I meant to type sit beside you:saint: !!!!

Good to see most of youse have included Princess of the Night - superior stuff indeed.

Not long now eh - and yes I am freaking out bigtime thinking about seeing Saxon at The Ferry in 12 days?

Oh yes and I had a lovely holiday just there in LAnzarote, thanks for asking folks:D

:oops:
princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Any chance I could sit on your face Metal Dude while we watch Saxon perform your mindblowin setlist. Hells bells what am I say, I meant to type sit beside you:saint: !!!!

Shock horror!! :lol: You naughty Princess! :oops: I knew you meant to say "sit beside you"...after all, it would be pretty hard for Metal Dude to be watching Saxon with you, whilst you're sitting on his face ;)

Oh yes and I had a lovely holiday just there in LAnzarote, thanks for asking folks:D

Oh, so that's where you've been! Thought you hadn't been around for a while :erk: Are you a bronzed Goddess now, instead of a white Princess? :D

Browsing on this forum for a bit over the last year or so, finally registered.
Are they not supposed to be just playing material from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th records.
Back in January there was a piece on the Total rock website.

"Saxon are to concentrate on the classic albums 'Wheels Of Steel', 'Strong Arm Of The Law', 'Denim And Leather' and 'Power & The Glory' for their upcoming UK tour. Mirroring a recent tour of Germany, the band will only play songs from these records at: London Astoria April 23, Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall 24, Norwich Waterfront 25, Manchester Academy II 26."

Hi Paxoman, thanks for the info.
Those gigs in Dudley and Nottingham were part of the last batch of UK shows though weren't they?
I saw the Astoria show on the Lionheart tour and they had material from the new record as I'd expect.
However, with the announcement of these UK shows a few months ago, my understanding is that they wouldn't be the Lionheart tour as such, since they'd already covered that area last time round, but would be a novelty gig in a sense, apparently they did some similar shows in Germany, of concentrating on the older material only like Maiden did albeit on a greater scale with the Early days tour. Is this not the case you think?

Hi Shane667.

The gigs in Germany/Dudley/Nottingham were part of the NWOBHM tour. This tour wasn't part of the Lionheart tour, which included the astoria show. The dates that Saxon are about to play are a continuation of the NWOBHM, so the setlist should be similar as I mentioned above.

It did actually, the exact quote was "Mirroring a recent tour of Germany, the band will only play songs from these records at: London Astoria April 23". See what happens anyway.