Thomas Jensen is a nice fella, shock horror!

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
As Sammi mentioned in another thread, we were talking to Thomas Jensen in our hotel bar after the Sheffield gig.

As most of you are probably all to aware, I have a bit of a thing about why all Saxon related news goes to Blabbermouth first and not on the official Saxon website. Sometimes it doesn't even come on to the Saxon website. Thomas did explain why, and the reason is this. Blabbermouth is a bigger website, with a larger readership, and that is why the Saxon news goes there. OK, maybe that is a fair point, alfterall, it is better to get Saxon news out to a wider audience. But I pointed out to Thomas (in no uncertain terms!) that it doesn't matter if only 50 people read it on the Saxon website, any Saxon news should ALWAYS be going to the Saxon website first. Even if it then gets put up on Blabbermouth later on, but at least we get to hear the Saxon news first, and not second hand from Blabbermouth. Thomas promised to address the issue, so we will see.

Thomas Jenson has got loads of stick from people on here (me included!), but I have to say he is a really nice fella. So thanks Thomas for spending some time chatting to us and explaining things.

As Sammi mentioned in another thread, we were talking to Thomas Jensen in our hotel bar after the Sheffield gig.

As most of you are probably all to aware, I have a bit of a thing about why all Saxon related news goes to Blabbermouth first and not on the official Saxon website. Sometimes it doesn't even come on to the Saxon website. Thomas did explain why, and the reason is this. Blabbermouth is a bigger website, with a larger readership, and that is why the Saxon news goes there. OK, maybe that is a fair point, alfterall, it is better to get Saxon news out to a wider audience. But I pointed out to Thomas (in no uncertain terms!) that it doesn't matter if only 50 people read it on the Saxon website, any Saxon news should ALWAYS be going to the Saxon website first. Even if it then gets put up on Blabbermouth later on, but at least we get to hear the Saxon news first, and not second hand from Blabbermouth. Thomas promised to address the issue, so we will see.

Thomas Jenson has got loads of stick from people on here (me included!), but I have to say he is a really nice fella. So thanks Thomas for spending some time chatting to us and explaining things.

Well said paxoman.. I always say: Life is 'this' AND 'that' at the same time, so put the info on 'The official Saxon board' AND on 'Blabbermouth'

Its a good thing managers get sticks on the head sometimes, makes them grown up:) and sharp, nothing wrong with that. As a human being he will be a good man for sure, no doubt about that...and it seems the management has understood the message from the saxon-fans on this board.. so bravo, uptil now! :)

i reckon it isnt down to saxon, its promoters who organise gigs and everything. Saxon per gig asks 20k, which is actually pretty cheap compared to judas priest who ask 100k, and its bloody difficult finding good promoters that wont stitch you up, plus youve got all these enormous expenses like transport backline and accomodation.

the best idea by far is supporting some big act, could be anyone from motorhead to lamb of god, as long as they get big exposure, new fans and a decent sized tour.

Well done Pax! For getting some answers.

But what did he have to say about this gigs seating, forum members in row F etc, what happened? I know you were on the piss all afternoon, but I hope you asked that question mate!

I have met Thomas Jenson and yes! He is a nice bloke. But do nice blokes make good managers?

HELLO THOMAS! If you do read this forum and Paxoman did not ask you that question, what happened regarding these seats?

Well done Pax! For getting some answers.

But what did he have to say about this gigs seating, forum members in row F etc, what happened? I know you were on the piss all afternoon, but I hope you asked that question mate!

I have met Thomas Jenson and yes! He is a nice bloke. But do nice blokes make good managers?

HELLO THOMAS! If you do read this forum and Paxoman did not ask you that question, what happened regarding these seats?

Nah didn't ask him that question mate to be honest. I'm pretty sure it was the city hall box office who made the big balls up though. I was more concentrating on grilling Thomas about website matters etc.

It was good meeting you at last Saxonized. :headbang:

I have met Thomas Jenson and yes! He is a nice bloke. But do nice blokes make good managers?[\quote]

We did have a long discussion with him about being the Manager, etc. I think he has got the bands best interests at heart. He was honest with us, and what he said cleared up a lot of things (for me, anyway). I don't think his is an "easy" job, to be fair - and he gets some flak for it! He did say that that is fine, as long as it's directed at him, and not at the band :)