Thomas Miller

Dr_Tim

New Metal Member
Mar 31, 2003
Does anybody know what happend to Thomas Miller, and why he quitted the band? I can't find any information about him and what he's doing now.
Greetz,
Tim

Luis said:
Mr Miller decided to leave, becouse he wanted to spend more time with his family. One time i read in this forum, that he also chaged his religion and he is not allowed to play no more.:erk:

what kind of religion is THAT? not allowed to play anymore??

What I've heard is that both Tom Walling and Thomas Miller had no possibility to go touring with the band so they left the band.

That "changed religion" sounds a bit odd to me and I think that it's just some funny rumour or something.

I posted the same topic a couple of months ago.

Uh,, people told me he got really envolved in religion and wanted to be a "family guy"
So a "good-christian family guy" and "long-hair Metal bass player" doest mix very well.

Yeah, i never heard that his religion wouln't let him play, i heard he was just spending more time devoted to religion and that's the direction he has taken his life in. Best of wishes to him either way.

If his religion doesn't let him play the bass, that sounds more like a cult than a religion. Too bad he's not still around, he was of course a great bass player and wrote some whacky lyrics.

Hyoukinmono said:
Maybe he's Amish. No more electricity for his bass.
He could use an old stand up acoustic bass, though.

Heeheehee!-)

One odd thing that I founded is that the official site biography/history -section doesn't even mention Thomas Miller's name. No mention about his participation on their first four albums or that he has even ever played in SX. Check it out.

NP: Eternity X - The Edge of Madness

I'm sure that his religion allows him to play the bass and sure that he probably pulls it out sometimes. Thats just ridiculous that any religion would not allow that. I'm a christian, and music is one of the backbones of our religion. God encourages music all throughout the Bible.

Dream Symphony said:
I'm sure that his religion allows him to play the bass and sure that he probably pulls it out sometimes.

I believe that his religion doesn't have anything to do with the case that he left SX. When someone says that he'll depart from the band due to personal reasons everybody are drawing the strangest conclusions from that. It IS possible but I don't think so. Think about Neal Morse and Spock's Beard(Neal left whole music business at one blow).

The best thing would be that someone would inform us and stop this pointless pondering of Thomas' reasons. Maybe someone could write a proper history/biography to the official site(with Thomas Miller mentioned).