Thomas Miller and 5 strings...

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
Does anyone know which songs Thomas Miller played a 5 string bass on? I know The Eyes of Medusa was one of them, but I'm sure there's more. Anyone?

He probably always had the 5-stringer. Just chose not to use the low string when composing songs.

Oh so the question is in which son did he use the low B (or in Sym. X's case, low A)?

MorphineChild205 said:
Which songs is there a low C (on the fifth string) played? Does he play that for the heavy intro to Divine Wings?

Yea, I think so, also in eyes of medusa, there's low C in the end of the chorus

I'm not sure but I think he plays low B on Pharaoh. It's the fast pattern in the intro.

Code:
  S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S    
|----------4---------------4--------|
|--------4---2-4---------4---2-4----|
|------4---------2-----4---------2--|
|----4---------------4--------------|
|--2---------------2----------------|

I'm not 100% since I made that tab a couple of years ago. I should listen it again now with slowing down the tempo.

Although I think he didn't, he maybe sometimes used a 4-string to play really fast things (but as I said I doubt it, since he surely could play everything on any bass :D )

I think I remember some fifth string notes somewhere in the solo section of The Witching Hour, too.

I wonder if he used it on Twilight or the earlier albums, too...

MrFast said:
I'm pretty sure he uses one in The Odyssey (s/t song)

So somehow, in the process of recording The Odyssey, Thomas Miller snuck in Romeo's dungeon when Lepond wasn't looking, set up his rig, played 5-string parts to The Odyssey, took down his rig, and snuck back out? :loco: