Those who play/program alot of keys/synths/etc.

It really depends what you are arfter:
- My roommate has done dnb/hardnrg for over 10 years and owns the biggest Hard NRG label in Finland (if not even whole Scandinavia), and the labels trademark sound pretty much exclusively comes from Access Virus C
- My good old schoolmate from back in the first grade has played piano for +23 years and nowadays plays keyboards live for Waltari and he uses Korg Triton.
- My other friend Larry plays "ruotsinlaivamusiikkia", which is pretty much 70s dancemusic in a cruiseship, uses Nord Clavia.
- The Mad Professor, mr. Devin Townsend uses Korg Triton and Roland JX
- Janne Warman from Children of Bodom uses Korg X5D with Roland JV1080

I think we see a pattern here, don't we? If you want to play metal keyboards: Korg and Roland

Last edited by a moderator:
It really depends what you are arfter:
- My roommate has done dnb/hardnrg for over 10 years and owns the biggest Hard NRG label in Finland (if not even whole Scandinavia), and the labels trademark sound pretty much exclusively comes from Access Virus C
- My good old schoolmate from back in the first grade has played piano for +23 years and nowadays plays keyboards live for Waltari and he uses Korg Triton.
- My other friend Larry plays "ruotsinlaivamusiikkia", which is pretty much 70s dancemusic in a cruiseship, uses Nord Clavia.
- The Mad Professor, mr. Devin Townsend uses Korg Triton and Roland JX
- Janne Warman from Children of Bodom uses Korg X5D with Roland JV1080

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMp4bC-PN8Q

I think we see a pattern here, don't we? If you want to play metal keyboards: Korg and Roland

You forgot Jens Johansson and the Roland JV's. Does he still use em?

His shit on with Sonata and Kamelot was brilliant.

i like any kind of hardware keyboard or synths, somethign about knobs.. i have pretty much every virtual minus the east west stuff,and i prefer the hardware somethign about running into a good pre... motif, triton, and the phantom rack still get more use here...

the 88 keyboard $3300.00
the 76 keys $2900.00
the 61 keys $2200.00
the rack $1300.00

big difference for not much differnece in sound

i bought the rack and a 88 key controller with weighted keys for 1300 i think best investment i have made yet as far as electronic inst is concerned

next is the fantom g8 but its like 4 grand