Thou Art Lord - Eosforos

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
Thou Art Lord is the ‘super’ group of Necromantia and Rotting Christ, and their goal was to play purely sinister music, with no bounds. I don’t quite understand the no bounds part, but the sinister part is spot on with this album. The album, to me, is the follow up to Non Serviam.

The album is filled with dark palm muted riffs, played with loads and loads of melody. The melody has everything great from Thy Mighty Contract and Non Serviam; however, it’s not a mimic of those albums, because it progresses into the more Satanic route like Necromantia. The riffs are filled with heavy metal melodies and heavy rock songwriting with droning vocals and haunting keys to create the dark, sinister album. The drumming in the album is pretty much like Rotting Christ’s drumming, which works incredibly well for these guys. What I find the best about this album is the way they can play repetitive melodic passages, never become tedious, and keep the dark, sinister atmosphere.

I don’t find this album incredibly groundbreaking, but it’s just solid as fuck for any fan of Rotting Christ, Necromantia, or Varathron. They give us another great work of art in the Hellenic black metal.

10342.jpg

1. For The Lust of Lilith
2. Disciples of Black Sorcery
3. Eosforos Rex Infernus
4. Towers of the Autumn Moon
5. A Call to Chaos (Kaos - Keravnos - Kybernetos)
6. Through the Eye of the Hierophant
7. Warhammer
8. The Era of Satan Rising

The Era of Satan Rising is FUCKING immense :kickass:!

i'm just sympathy bumping this thread because i already know thou art lord rules and greek black metal is underrated by everyone who isn't me

i'm just sympathy bumping this thread because i already know thou art lord rules and greek black metal is underrated by everyone who isn't me

Come on, Nocternity rules big time, Kawir have some solid releases to account for, Stutthof are excellent even if gay for changing their name, and... oh well there are other good bands down there I guess.

anyone else have the kyrck prod. 2cd greek black/death metal compilation?

Side A
i) Kawir - sin (the blazing queen)
ii) Zephyrous - hidden away from the sun
iii) Rotting Christ - the hills of crucifixion
iv) Nergal - in the name of nergal
v) Varathron - necranastasis
vi) Death Courier - lunatic messiah
vii) Disharmony - act omega
viii) Macabre Omen - we won with war
ix) Sarcastic Terror - infernal hatred
x) Deviser - into his unknown
xi) Obsecration - sadness contemplates one’s past life
xii) Order of the Ebon Hand - spirits of the undead
xiii) Septic Flesh - erebus
xiv) Twilight - arising thy horned one (htao terces eht)
xv) Nocternity - harps of the ancient temples

Side B
i) Necromantia - lord of the abyss
ii) Zemial - sleeping under tartarus
iii) Cthonium - infernals forethought
iv) Dreamer’s Seal - descent into pluto’s kingdom
v) Thou Art Lord - in blood we trust
vi) Rex Infernus - dii te ament satan
vii) Agatus - sodomizing bloodshed under a frozen blaze of catachtonian land
viii) Nightfall - for my soul, when the darkness falls into
ix) Horrified - seperial dominion
x) The One - untitled
xi) Lemegethon - demonic hellhounds
xii) Legion of Doom - ancient knowledge
xiii) Mortify - paroxysm
xiv) Nocturnal Death - cries behind the golden walls
xv) Sadistic Noise - the crush of heaven

this contains MOST greek black/death bands of value and some others. great compilation. NIGHTFALL rules.

Yeah, really fucking great compilation. Kyrck is a great label, though they're temporarily on hiatus. I hope they're (or he most likely?) able to put out some more Greek obscurities once they come back.

BTW swizzles, I recently found out that your Thou Art Lord CD is a bootleg put out without permission of the band.

Yeah, really fucking great compilation. Kyrck is a great label, though they're temporarily on hiatus. I hope they're (or he most likely?) able to put out some more Greek obscurities once they come back.

BTW swizzles, I recently found out that your Thou Art Lord CD is a bootleg put out without permission of the band.

FUCK!

I really think that Agatus - Dawn Of Martyrdom can stand up to just about the best the Greek scene has to offer (okay, maybe not the best, but it's right next in line). I was thinking of that as a recommendation, but since swizzlenuts already did Thou Art Lord, I figured I would just bring it up here. Anyone else familiar with it?

I really think that Agatus - Dawn Of Martyrdom can stand up to just about the best the Greek scene has to offer (okay, maybe not the best, but it's right next in line). I was thinking of that as a recommendation, but since swizzlenuts already did Thou Art Lord, I figured I would just bring it up here. Anyone else familiar with it?

I've heard a few tracks a few months ago one of my band mates sent me, but I have no clue where to get their material. I know it's decently old and most likely OOP, but I really will shell over a good amount to get some of their material as the tracks I heard were truly killer