greek extreme metal appreciation thread

Horrified - "In The Garden Of The Unearthly Delights" has to be my favorite release in the realm of Greek atmospheric death metal.

I can't believe noone mentioned Ravencult yet, even i like them. Probably the most promising black metal band that comes out of my country now.
Btw if there was just a "Greek metal" (without the "Extreme") appreciation thread, i could mention some extra cool power/doom/prog bands but yes, it's not.

CATL said:
Horrified - "In The Garden Of The Unearthly Delights" has to be my favorite release in the realm of Greek atmospheric death metal.

Hey I think we got a promo for that! Is that the one with Mike Akerfelch singing on it?

IOfTheStorm said:
Btw if there was just a "Greek metal" (without the "Extreme") appreciation thread, i could mention some extra cool power/doom/prog bands but yes, it's not.
i took great care to specify "extreme"/"black" precisely for this reason :D

feel free to create your own though

Varathron "His Majesty At the Swamp" has a warm atmosphere that I don't know if i've ever heard i a black metal band from Western Europe or North America. I really should buy the album!

yeah. It does have a very "warm" atmosphere... it's really cool :D

Definetly gonna take this shit on the camping trip in may... two distinct groups... those who like metal, and those who do not. I think a few of them are religious :D

Erik is spot-on about RC and Necromantia (at least what I've heard) [/oompa]

I can't remember what I thought of Nightfall or Varathron. One I really liked, the other not so much.

This thread is missing Legion of Doom goddamnit. Great 2nd (3rd?) tier BM from Greece.

I suppose that Sickening Horror album is coming out soon eh? Kollias is a beast, and I suspect it shall rule.

Nightfall is excellent, I am Jesus is rather atmosphere packed and the lyrical concept is pretty interesting too.

Last edited:
JayKeeley said:
Hey I think we got a promo for that! Is that the one with Mike Akerfelch singing on it?

Not as far as I know. Maybe he sang on one of their later albums, but I don't see why he'd do that.

Sumerian Daemons by Septic Flesh is like Dimmu Borgir PEM/DCA-era. Avoid.

You may enjoy the first three though : "Mystic Places of Dawn" , "Esoptron" and "Ophidian Wheel" . It's melodic death-metal basically with unqiue synths and leads . "Revolution DNA" is more modern and almost pop sometimes but it's ok (good "punchy" riffs there)

I have no samples sry.