Thought i would share

Nice skinny jeans, there, WD. :)

Damn, Sheppard is a decent bass player when he wants to be. The bottom end held up better. But wow, strange to see Loomis so rough around the edges. He was what, 20-21 at the time?

I wish we saw more of the crowd. I'd be interested to see how the Seattle metal scene held up to the grunge trend.

That is awesome. Too bad the security doesn't seem to be as in to it though. :lol:

As a side note; I just recently ordered the Refuge Denied/Into the Mirror reissue. Used to own the tapes a long time ago, then some really shitty quality MP3s from a friend in like 2000 or something that I'd just been transferring again and again every time I built a new PC. And holy shit. As great as it is to hear what you sounded like live doing Sanctuary songs, I really like the version of Matricide that you decided to go with on In Memory instead. Much more emotive.

Nice skinny jeans, there, WD. :)

Damn, Sheppard is a decent bass player when he wants to be. The bottom end held up better. But wow, strange to see Loomis so rough around the edges. He was what, 20-21 at the time?

Not sure anyone had any idea how Loomis would turn out. It was like "he's just the new guy, so whatever" when he joined Sanctuary (I have no idea).

I like the 'roughness' of Loomis' playing in this video. It had soul. Beats the hell out of his overly-polished sweep-ridden malmsteen-esque playing these days. Seems to me WD kept him in line.

No the thing is he developed into his own man. Yes heavily Malsteen-influenced, but he found his comfort zone and now stays there. If you bookend Nevermore, listen to the first and then the last album, it's remarkable that while he went from 6 to 7 strings, his playing in some ways became less diverse. Same with Van. He was ok at first, did some nice fills and stuff, then settled into his double-bass-everything and ignore the tomtoms routine around EoR. If you mix up EoR, TGE and TOC, they all blur. The first three albums are very distinctive from one to the next.

A lot of musicians fall into this trap. They have a wider ranger of influence when they are younger because they listen to everything they can, then shake it all off and just become themselves, but they repeat it over and over.

And dude, your sig is seriously fucking with my mind.

Warrel, wasn't this the same show that had the 2 woman singing backup on Garden of Grey? This seemed like an edited version of the copy I have. Can you confirm?

Yes the nevermoretts Christine and Simone sang GOG at this show

this sounds familiar, i think i have also seen this version on youtube some years ago. maybe some sleuth could find it.

Wait a minute: is that what I think? A ´stache? COOL!

Thanks for sharing the vid, haven´t seen this one before.