thought on my newest mix?

Sep 27, 2012
Hey guys,

Just looking for some thoughts on this new mix. Sorry about the soundcloud, but its the easiest thing for me atm. The newest one is Midsirection 11-28, and if your interested theres some other stuff on there.

some info on the track.

Live drums. Really dont like samples. Its not a laziness thing, I just havent found a way that sample do anything for me. Maybe one day.

Guitars were tracked with a line 6 spider(bleh) and a 6l6 modded sovtek mig100(my baby), blended. miced with a mxl990 and a 57

Vocals I did with 3 takes for mains and ads, the mxl about 8" away center, a 57 about 3" far and a samson kick q(for sng's) 3" out. I think the main blend was the mxl and the kick actually but I think theres a touch of each.

Bass was DI through a sansamp

any major issues? My monitoring situation is very poor. i have some old nice kenwood surround sound, and mission surround sound speakers. Good clear monitors, but not so much bass response and not very accurate. I reference the tracks all over the place but still.

any help is appreciated.

http://soundcloud.com/linerndunch110

There is a lot of 80-200hz mud from the bass my KRK R6's, top end is good though, I'd just cut some of those high-lows, and low-mids.

thanks RTR, i tried to fix some of that low end. The bass was recorded with alot of grit in it. Having some trouble getting that out.

bump for a new mix, Misdirection 12-1. Is the bass any better?