Thoughts on Evergrey's new studio team

TIC is boring ? C'mon man, with the acustic songs, i think it is a killer. But guitar solos are really boring IMO :)

Musical vibe..........ah, it did have a vibe i guess, just not quite as intense as the other albums i think. And the progression was definately missing from TIC, tho some songs were pretty spot on with where i think they should go.

Don't worry about the pop names in their list. Even you should be happy, because if these famous pop stars and rich show bands worked with these guys, they must be pretty good at their work. You know, if you have budget, you can go for the best. Don't forget, they are producers, not the songwriters. They didn't do the songs for Britney or Ramstein ;)

So i hope the new one will be very good.

Hollywood here we come....I feel a major sell out coming, JMO....Those producers might ruin this awesome band...Hoping of course it won't but don't like it at all

lunatic:headbang:

BlindPanzer said:
just in case people here (don't know why) don't go to the Evergrey website, here is the news release...

“Evergrey recently returned to Division One Studios to record their as yet untitled fifth studio album. The producing and mixing will be handled by the experienced and extremely successful team Sanken Sandquist/Stefan Glauman. Their track record includes artists like RAMMSTEIN, BRITNEY SPEARS, BON JOVI and DEF LEPPARD.

But this will be their sixth studio album.

lunatic fan said:
Hollywood here we come....I feel a major sell out coming, JMO....Those producers might ruin this awesome band...Hoping of course it won't but don't like it at all

lunatic:headbang:

Yeah off course.. Cause they're all 16 years old and really easy to influence.. How about everybody waits with spewing stupid comments until the album is released? :err: They probably have their reasons for choosing this team and I'm sure they'll know better what is good for the band than any of us..

Ok... Now Def Lepard got some really cool vocal performances, but Brtiney Spears is the most loathsome piece of trash ever to congeal... So I don't know... I hope they are still metal, and don't drift off into Michael Bolton territory.

Well from a producers' engineeers' POV, i can see that the guys have really good people working with them, and if not anything else, we should expect a sonic quality unlike any other Evergrey album to date, and possibly even one of the best recorded/ mixed metal albums of the modern metal era. In terms of the quality of recording and mixing, the new guys can have as much control over the sound as they want (tho i'd hate to see the 5150's removed from the EG sound).
As long as they dont "convince" the band that they could sell more copies if they "repeat this chorus another 2x" or "do you realy want that instrumental/ solo there?", then i think we could be blowing too much shit over this....

In starting this thread i guess i was hoping ppl might keep things a bit mroe positive.

Daniel\m/

Nebulous said:
yeah, the producers can shed light onto their sound, but these people scare me....why not Fredrik or MR Andy Sneap.........??

On the other hand - WHY Fredrik or Sneap?

Why would they want to have the "sound of the day"?
Sneap is a great producer, makes crystal clear and powerful sounds, but I feel that too many bands use his services, he's become a sort of a "order of the day". Nordstrom as well...

I'd rather have them make their unique sounding production than to do what everybody else does. I think this is a brave move and I'm not scared of them taking too much influence from the producers. They are waay too experienced musicians and songwriters to do that...

Go Evergrey! :headbang:

Evan84 said:
I just hope it doesn't have super-compressed production... :(

I'm afraid that's more up to the demands put upon mastering engineer.
I too don't like the super squashed sound most modern recordings have...

Why not wait until we get the album in our hands, give it a listen or two, and then start to comment about it ?

I think it will be ok. Although I like Evergrey a lot, I'm not particularly impressed with the production so far. I think it can be beneficial for the quality and additionally for the band.