Evergrey prepare to enter studio

Anneke

Mistress
Mar 7, 2003
Antwerpen - Belgium
www.photopit.be
:hotjump:

EVERGREY Prepare To Enter Studio - Nov. 7, 2005
The Gothenburg, Sweden-based metal band EVERGREY are prepating to enter the studio to record their sixth studio album, tentatively due in April 2006 via InsideOut Music. The production duties will be handled by the experienced team of Sanken Sandquist and Stefan Glaumann, who have previously worked with such artists as RAMMSTEIN, BON JOVI, BRITNEY SPEARS and DEF LEPPARD.

Commented EVERGREY mainman Tom S. Englund: "It feels amazing to work with such an experienced team and we are convinced that they are able to lift us even higher than before."

EVERGREY recently signed a new one-album deal with InsideOut Music. The band will also participate at the kick-off party for the Sweden Rock Festival at Annexet in Stockholm on December 3, 2005. Also scheduled to appear are SAXON, CLAWFINGER and KROKUS.

EVERGREY's "A Night to Remember" DVD topped the official Swedish music DVD chart in its first week of release last May.

"A Night to Remember" was filmed on October 9, 2004 in Gothenburg, Sweden with 15 high-definition cameras by video producer Patric Ullaeus (LACUNA COIL, IN FLAMES, DIMMU BORGIR) and includes all six of the group's videos to date. A second DVD disc includes backstage material, in-depth interviews with each of the members, gear-talk, live material from the beginning of their career, festivals, old demo songs and tons of pictures.

EVERGREY's next live appearance will take place on November 12 at the Karmøygeddon Metal Festival in Haugesund, Norway.

(Thanks: Tartarean Desire)

I'm scared with the producers, ok they are fuck*n talented but still...

I'm sure Evergrey won't change sound or go for populair stuff

This albums will be their best! (i hope so)

Regardless of producer I'm confident the band will stick to their own style and songwriting. And if a producer like this helps the technical quality of the albums improve then I'm all for it.

The main thing is, EG is back in the studio and a new album is on the way. And I couldn't be more excited about it :headbang:

Though it is a bit humorous that the producers previously worked with Britney Spears and Bon Jovi... I don't think there's any reason to worry. They'll probably give Evergrey a very bold and innovative sound for the next album. I look forward to the results.

CampinCarl said:
I wonder why Tom decided to not produce/mix it himself like last time?

I asked Tom this question last night. He said that they wanted to try different things, and that they could afford it, so why not? Then he mentioned that maybe prog-fans might not be too happy about it. When I asked why is that, he said because the songs are more straightforward (not so complex?). I answered that most bands tend to go that direction, sort of simplify things and he replied that it's a natural progression.

I'm sure that regardless of what direction they take musicially it will reflect the Evergrey style. Besides, I really like it when they infuse different elements into their music, like blues, jazz, etc.

Honestly, one of the big reasons why I love Evergrey is because they do what THEY want to do, and not what everyone else wants them to do. They haven't disappointed me yet, and I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I was initially worried at first too, considering who that team of producers and mixers have worked with before, and seeing now that they said that they're going to simplify is causing me to be concerned, depending on what that means. I realize that plenty of other musicians simply their music as a natural progression in their artistic development, so that they're not over playing. It should be what's right for the song and not showing off and shreding a million notes. I also notice that after that phase they tend to let loose again, but with a matured sense of taste, so prog fans may not have to give up hope. But if simplifying were to mean to make their music more radio friendly, which could be why EG is working with producers that deal with popular bands, then that would be a bad thing. But I seem to have some of the faith that jaimek has and would think that after the great songs that they've been making so far, that they wouldn't put their talent aside to make watered-down, catchy pop metal songs with platinum hooks. EG, please don't let us down!

Black Rain said:
I don't care which direction evergrey is going but Evergrey Don't let us down! :yell:

As long as they don't let themselves down by doing stuff they don't really like, I don't have a problem with it.

Stay grey!

Dear god, plaease please please don't lose that fire you guys have.....the world is full of enough crap pop-rock/metal, while you guys have your own unique dark and heavy sound.....

The producers scare me slightly, and really the term "simplify" could mean many things.....if it means hearvier and more straightforward, hell it should be awesome, but if it's simplify as in tone down all the aspects that make you Evergrey, then oh man, I will be sad.

As long as the forthcoming album is as solid as, or even more so than The Inner Circle, then one of the producers could be Kelly Gray (see Enemies Of Reality) and I wouldn't care. Evergrey impressed me with the last album (I mean, it's my top favorite album of all time), so even if the production isn't up to par with Inner Circle, I'll still listen.

Wow. It's been a while since I've posted here. Sorry to say that it's unlikely I'll be posting much otherwise.

By the by, I'll be going to Wacken Open Air this year (as last year was a bust), and I have a very strong feeling that Evergrey might be playing (after all, the new album is scheduled for release a few months prior to said OA). If anyone is going to Wacken, and wants to meet up for a pint in a pub during one of the stops on my trip, then e-mail me and we can discuss it over the coming months. My WOA LiveJournal can be found here. It has a few of my planned stops listed.

That's really cool Raine. I hope it works out this time, and I'll try to remember to check out your livejournal regularely.

Stay Grey!