Monday Morning Apocalypse!!!!!!!!

Anneke

Mistress
Mar 7, 2003
Antwerpen - Belgium
www.photopit.be
EVERGREY: New Album Title Revealed - Jan. 24, 2006 Swedish metallers EVERGREY have set "Monday Morning Apocalypse" as the title of their sixth studio album, tentatively due late March/early April via InsideOut Music. The follow-up to 2004's "The Inner Circle" was recorded at Division One Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden by the experienced production team of Sanken Sandquist and Stefan Glaumann, who have previously worked with such artists as RAMMSTEIN, BON JOVI, BRITNEY SPEARS and DEF LEPPARD. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Monday Morning Apocalypse", "Unspeakable" and "At a Loss for Words".

As previously reported, EVERGREY have been nominated for a Swedish "Grammy" in the "Best Music DVD" category for their "A Night to Remember" set, which came out last year. Other nominees in the "Best Music DVD" category are ABBA, CORNELIS VREESWIJK, MARIT BERGMAN and TIMBUKTU.

"A Night to Remember" (preview) was filmed on October 9, 2004 in Gothenburg, Sweden with 15 high-definition cameras by video producer Patric Ullaeus (LACUNA COIL, IN FLAMES, DIMMU BORGIR) and includes all six of the group's videos to date. A second DVD disc includes backstage material, in-depth interviews with each of the members, gear-talk, live material from the beginning of their career, festivals, old demo songs and tons of pictures.

The "Grammis" awards ceremony will be held on February 7 at Cirkus in Stockholm and will be aired live both on national television (TV4) and radio (P4).

EVERGREY recently signed a new one-album deal with InsideOut Music. The band also participated in the kick-off party for the Sweden Rock Festival at Annexet in Stockholm on December 3, 2005.

Henk: ohhh, don't even give me any ideas. I'd thought about going to Sweden LAST spring with my tax return but paid bills instead!

*copies and posts over in PMX2*

Am I the only one disappointed with the title? It seems like something some pop punk, or shitty emo band, or some shitfest of a nu-metal band would name their album.

Of course I'm not going to let the name of the album keep me from having high hopes for the album, it is still Evergrey after all.

Let's just hope the new album doesn't resemble "The Inner Circle" musically in any way.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with DragonOfBlood here...that title is crap. Monday Morning Apocolypse? Sounds lame. It really doesn't sound like an Evergrey title...yanno? Sounds too cheesy :-/

I just hope the songs are good.

(Note: IF the production team had anything to do with this, I'm going to assassinate them.)

Where have there been song titles? I missed them if they're on the site here anywhere....maybe they were mentioned in the past. What are they?

I'm not a huge fan of the title, but I don't hate it. Titles don're really mean anything anyway though.

Somebody on a board I frequent made mention that the noted release date (April 4) was the same day that Martin Luther King was assassinated.

It's a bit of a stretch, but is that the topic being discussed here for the album?

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the album, but I also am not feeling the title...nor am I feeling the front page of the site. The Inner Circle theme was sweet.
PS How could anyone say TIC gets boring? In fact it grew more and more interesting and exciting with each listen. Doesn't every Evergrey album though?

How is "The Inner Circle" boring? How about almost every song has the same open E riff chugging over and over again. It's monotonous and boring.

Recreation Day is a completely different song every time the track changes over, it's a great album, just like every other Evergrey album, (except for The Inner Circle, which is average).

i wish Evergrey brings back to Sven and Patrick, In Search Of Truth is an unique album! and i hope this new cd to be something like In Search Of Truth pt. 2 :loco:

Neveruary said:
Somebody on a board I frequent made mention that the noted release date (April 4) was the same day that Martin Luther King was assassinated.

It's a bit of a stretch, but is that the topic being discussed here for the album?

Was he assassinated on a Monday?