Evergrey New Album Title Announced

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Swedish metallers EVERGREY have set "Monday Morning Apocalypse" as the title of their sixth studio album, due on April 4 via InsideOut Music. The follow-up to 2004's "The Inner Circle" was recorded at Division One Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden by the experienced production team of Sanken Sandquist and Stefan Glaumann, who have previously worked with such artists as RAMMSTEIN, BON JOVI, BRITNEY SPEARS and DEF LEPPARD. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Monday Morning Apocalypse", "Unspeakable" and "At a Loss for Words".

Kick ass I cant wait for this album to come out!!! Now I really hope they are headlining.

I agree with Pellaz... whatever your opinion about the change in Metallica's music on their self-titled release, I think it's pretty clear that the ball was basically in the band's court in regards to songwriting... Bob Rock didn't dictate or rewrite songs, and actually did a very good job in terms of sound quality, recording clarity, etc.

As for using producers that have worked with Rammstein, Bon Jovi, Britney Spears, and Def Leppard, well... all those acts have put out some very well-produced recordings... crisp sounds, good dynamics, clear mix. In addition, re-signing with Inside Out seems a clear indication that there won't be any sort of label pressure to sound a certain way. Overall, I don't think there's any reason to worry about Evergrey's sound getting fucked up by producers. I think we can be rather confident that the album, whether you wind up liking it or not, will sound basically the way Englund wants it to sound.