Thoughts on Mayones guitars

Ive had the pleasure of playing a regius 6, Its a beautiful guitar and the neck was just awsome to me. Great super strat guitars but pretty damn pricey, at that price point you can look into Suhrs, Tom andersons Guitars, Bernie Rico JR's, Jaden Rose custom shop and many more.
They are all worth the cash but i would try to find some boutique guitar store near you that has a varied amount of these guitars and try them out for yourself. I live pretty close to Mesa boogie hollywood and just fell in love with the way Suhr Modern's feel and was suprised how different they were in comparsion to tom andersons.

Yeah, they are pricey alright. Thanks for those other brands, I'll check those out. It's hard to play a lot of your more boutique brands down here, just the big names which is a shame.

Yeah, they are pricey alright. Thanks for those other brands, I'll check those out. It's hard to play a lot of your more boutique brands down here, just the big names which is a shame.

No problem, You just have to ask yourself what your looking for in a guitar at that price range. For me, Korina Body and Rosewood Neck makes a awsome guitar as does Ash and Maple with a 16" radius and im a happy man. Another company to look at is Daemoness guitars Dillian Posts on the seven string forum and he makes some of the most beautiful guitars ive ever seen!

i own a regius 6 and all in all it's a great guitar!
i had some problems with mine though, but i am sure that i just had lots of bad luck.

My only experience with them is using a Regius (with just one great sounding Di Marzio pickup) on the latest Powerwolf album.
Didn't like the look of the guitar, but it's very nice to play, stays in tune very well and sounds very tight and clean.
Impressive stuff if you ask me!

I played an old Strat knockoff they did back in the WP days.

A real boat anchor. Never touched anything heavier.

I understand they've come a long way since then hehe

great guitars (although as an endorser i have to say that ;))!

i´m playing a setius gothic which looks great, feels great and sounds great. :)
it lacks a little bit of lowend and output in comparison to my schecter hellraiser but is very clean and agressive. i haven´t played a regius as i don´t like the headstock at all.
i really like the fact that it comes with straplocks on it. every guitar should have it!

well, both the hellraiser and the setius have a mahogany body and emg 81/85 pickups.
don´t know why the mayones has less output. must be the wood i guess. if you compare both guitars by weight there isn´t a big noticable difference though.

well, both the hellraiser and the setius have a mahogany body and emg 81/85 pickups.
don´t know why the mayones has less output. must be the wood i guess. if you compare both guitars by weight there isn´t a big noticable difference though.

Interesting. I guess that's the beauty of guitars, they all have their own characteristics. Thanks for your input on this, it's useful.

I found another post over here. Someone talks about neck thickness. I do like a nice thin neck being an Ibby fan.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/se...n-someone-explain-me-hype-behind-mayones.html

the neck is definately thinner than the hellraiser one. so it may suit your needs although it´s not as thin as an ibanez (at least not as thin as those ibanez i played).
it´s got a strange scale (25,4) which was a bit too short for me coming from the schecter but it plays really nice once you get used to it.

Saw and shortly tried Setius 6 Gothic and Regius 6 Gothic at a shop.
Kinda love/hate with the finish...I think it looks great, but somehow I don't dig how the pickups sit there, and maybe I'd like it more if the top was a bit carved.
Looks sick non the less, even if it reminds me a bit of a piece of furniture.
Also plays great from what I can recall, digged the neck.

Yeah, I've kind of got that love hate thing going on the gothic finish as well. It's the kind of guitar that if you had piles of money you'd love to have in your quiver.