Thoughts on the new "metal" revival with '80's bands

I think glam is ok, i also think grunge is ok. I like The Melvins.

I was told that since I was only about 4 or 5 at the time that I wouldn't understand why glam is bad and why it should be best not listened to.

I dunno about grunge, man. It was so damn whiny to me. Cobain wrote some deep shit lyrically, and I'll give him his definitely deserved props for that, but the music was pretty bad, and between him and Eddie Vedder, You could depress just about anyone.

Also, I will admit this, there's some glam that I wouldn't touch, to a point where even some grunge looks good in its face. I could go my whole life and be happy I haven't heard a Bang Tango song since 93. Or Trixter, they fucking sucked ass, too. But I never minded Poison. They wrote some decent songs. Hell, I even like some Warrant. And Motley and GNR fucking rule. And at the same time, I'll admit that I've always dug Alice In Chains (I know, a bit contradictory. That's cuz sometimes I don't think before I write shit in). And Candlebox & Soundgarden were OK, too. I started to hate that scene with a vengeance, though, when it got to a point in 1994 where it seemed that grunge/alternative and rap/hip-hop were the only choices on radio and MTV, ya know?

speaking of this 80s jargon, man, i was listening to a band called murderdolls today, and they were incredible, they are like modern punk, i loved it. sounded like it was striaght out of the 80s, joey jordison from slipknot is on drums, i used to be a huge slipknot supportor but ive grown to hate them starting when cory dissed gwar and got owned by david brockie, hate slipknot as i may now, murderdolls(at least their 2nd single, i think it is) OWNS as a fucking punk band.

I'd rather listen to glam than mallcore("nu-metal") anyday. As a matter of fact, i'll throw on a Dokken, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Ratt, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister or early Def Leppard(the first 4 albums only) once in a while. Not my favorite genre, but i'll listen to it now and then. But I HATE Poison, Warrant, Winger, Faster Pussycat and White lion. I hate them with a fucking passion.

Wicked Child said:
I'd rather listen to glam than mallcore("nu-metal") anyday. As a matter of fact, i'll throw on a Dokken, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Ratt, Whitesnake, Twisted Sister or early Def Leppard(the first 4 albums only) once in a while. Not my favorite genre, but i'll listen to it now and then. But I HATE Poison, Warrant, Winger, Faster Pussycat and White lion. I hate them with a fucking passion.
OMFG dude, I haven't thought of Faster Pussycat in a long time. I'll bet I saw them a half dozen times as an opening act here in Detroit. Saw with Kiss, Ratt, The Rockets(Detroits version of J. Giels) and at a few free shows at Hart Plaza(downtown Detroit park). I think the only time we applauded is when the set was over..LOL!! I'll take early Leppard and some Sister. Chains and Soundgarden too! But I would never mention GNR in the same context as glam, even if the didn't out last Faster Pussycat...LOL!!! :p

some these hair bands were okay, especially the ones that came out by 1984/1985. After that whole group got watered down overproduced and forgot about metal. Take Dokken thru 1984 good hard rock after that crap, crap and more crap. Take Winger crap from the get go.

dutchy said:
why did Skid broke up??

Did they? I thought they had new singer and getting new CD ready for the last five years or so. Guess it's another Chinese Democracy. Sebastian might have gotten his ass fired for being a shithead, that's my thoughts.

Skid Row's new cd is coming out August 5th. I heard an interview with them on "The Tourbus" radio show last week and they played their new version of "I Remember You". (It's a lot more rockin now.)

Ron MOSH Earl said:
Skid Row's new cd is coming out August 5th. I heard an interview with them on "The Tourbus" radio show last week and they played their new version of "I Remember You". (It's a lot more rockin now.)
I heard that new version too, when they were interviewed on KNAC.com back on July 3rd.