thrash metal fans here? Kreator in particular

Unhallowed

deity of self suppression
Oct 27, 2001
Anyone like Kreator here? My favorite band, they are. The latest album, Violent Revolution, completely kicked my ass. As the opening track says, "Reconquering the Throne", I think Kreator actually did that with this release. Simply amazing.

Sorry if these kind of threads aren't allowed or encouraged, but I just wanted to let you guys know that my new Kreator website is now (finally) available for everyone to see.

http://665.org/kreator

That is the URL. Signing the guestbook is appreciated and joining the message board is encouraged. Thank you. :)

Yeak I liked Kreator... haven't heard anything new in ages. Renewal is the last album I bought 9 years ago.

"Feel ze endles phajn!"

I still get a few nice laughs from "Endless pain". Nice beer-drinking background music. Hm, I still like "Coma of souls" for the most part. "Endorama" was very lacklustre and the new one has yet eluded me.

Havent really heard anything passed Extreme Aggression.
But hell, that album and Terrible Certainty are serious ass kicking cds. Pleasure To Kill is fucking pure thrash! :devil:

NP: Kreator - Betrayeeeerrr!!!

Ah, the sweet sounds of thrash! My first metal love!

Anacrusis, Artillery, Bathory, Celtic Frost, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Destruction, Exodus, Kreator, Nuclear Assault, Overkill, Possessed, Sacred Reich, Sepultura, Slayer, Sodom, Tankard, Testament, Thanatos, Venom, Voivod, Whiplash,

It is my God-given right as an American to alphabetize!:heh:

" WHEN THE SUN BURNS RED, THE EARTH WILL TURN FROM BLUE TO GRAY"

Yes, "When the sun burns red", that is a good song. It has got some - imagine this - atmosphere to it that I enjoy. Some material on "Coma of souls" is pretty dumb, but hey, it really is great for what it is.

Hell yes, Kreator was, and is once again, fucking great. Thrash is making a big comeback this year, we've had great new albums from Destruction and Kreator, and the new Sodom sounds as though it'll slay as well. Now if we could just get Celtic Frost to make another thrash album, or the british Sabbat. Oh yes, and how could I forget Thrash of the Titans, almost undoubtedly the best show I'll ever have the pleasure of witnessing.

I do have a feeling we've talked about this before, right? ;)

Violent Revolution was one of the more welcome surprises this year - I honestly didn't believe it to be this good. I won't call it album of the year or anything though...the fact that two other incredible albums by Tool and Opeth were also released this year don't do it justice. Definitely the best Kreator album there's been (and I've become a big fan), and one of my favorite metal albums already. I would've never thought Mille would top Coma Of Souls, Terrible Certainty and Pleasure To Kill, but he did. If anyone doesn't have it yet, GET IT!!! Dammit, it's better than the 80's ever were! :)

I really like how melody brings extra drive to the songs. I don't even think you'd have to be a thrash fan to like the album, and that says a lot.
This sounds like a "true" album in the best sense of the word, not a silly "comeback" album of any kind.

I'm also having a really good time watching what is going on here - thank you, Alex. :D

:mad: KREATOR :mad:

Originally posted by Lee_B
Sabbat are now called Return To The Sabbat, but it's basically the same line-up minus Andy Sneap.

How come I haven't heard about this earlier?? When did this happen, and who is the vocalist? I guess it's not Martin .. or could it be? I hope so!!!! I really didn't like "Mourning Has Broken" so I truly hope Martin is back. Sabbat won't be Sabbat without Andy Sneap, since he basically wrote everything, but maybe this will come out something good.. hopefully...

When did this happen, and who is the vocalist? I guess it's not Martin .. or could it be?

Yes, it's Martin on vocals. Everyone apart from Andy Sneap, and the band has his full blessing.

I had a brief chat with Martin about it at the Mortiis album release party and they're all excited and ready to go with it all. Check out www.bloodstock.uk.com and www.martinwalkyier.com for the latest info.

Lee

I love Kreator...When i first heard Extreme Agression i was like HELL YEA....i really liked the lyrics too. I now also have Coma of Souls which i think is good as well.
Destruction was one of my first thrash loves when i saw the cover of Sentence to Death and what year it came out..i thought WOW this album probably was part of the whole orgin of the "black metal image". That was just my opinion if anyone would like to further that comment, Please do...it shall be educational.
until then,
jAY

Originally posted by leadfoot256
Destruction was one of my first thrash loves when i saw the cover of Sentence to Death and what year it came out..i thought WOW this album probably was part of the whole orgin of the "black metal image". That was just my opinion if anyone would like to further that comment, Please do...it shall be educational.
until then,
jAY

I've grown to really love Destruction, plus they are blinding live nowadays! I like their type of thrash - not too simple (Mike writes great riffs), but not too complex either. Just like good thrash should be. If I want something arty, I'll just grab my Opeth CD's. ;) They were not too noisy in their early years either like early Kreator and Sodom sometimes, I must admit.

Too bad I can't find their 80's albums anywere... "Bestial invasiooooon!!"