Threat Signal

AND for what it's worth to everyone, Kyle has a MySpace and i've talked to him a little bit. He's started a new project in his hometown of Canada, and their expecting stuff to be released Winter 2009/Spring 2010. So i'm looking forward to that.

I have heard and seen this as well and am super stoked to hear it.

For what it is worth, I saw Threat Signal two or three years ago when they were around town. Everything was spot on and just awesome. I got to talk to everyone in the band at some point in the evening and they were all really nice guys as well.

He's started a new project in his hometown of Canada

Lulz.

Speaking of my hometown, Canada, it's sad that about 5 people show up to see these guys play at a bar in Cambridge meanwhile they're playing massive festivals in Europe and touring the US. Way to go Southern Ontario- always one step ahead of the curve. :rolleyes:

these drums sound like fucking ezdrummer
what the fuck is wrong with them?
the music sounds really good though to be fair.. shame i cant abide the horrible vocals.

Threat signal is very good. When will the new album be released? I never knew they used sampled drums. Show how much of a noobie i am when it comes to AE. blah

Travis came into town to hang with some guys I used to jam with. Amazing guitarist, especially for being so young - but overall I've never found these guys that amazing.

damn in there video i just saw they were useing the mesa and engl setup. but i guess they have diffrent rigs live

MEsa & Engl is what they're using in the rehearsal part in that vid.

When you see them tracking at Christian Olde Wobbers' you can see a Randall amp, and it sounds quite great i gotta say.

Anyway that making of was cool to watch, i hate the singers vocals (especially his semi-clean vocals a la Chester Benington :puke:) but watching him track you can tell he has good singing technique.

The guitars and bass players seem pretty tight during tracking, and it turns out sounding great.

Though their songs sound very uninspired, generic and boring to me.

I love this band so much. I got to see them live for the first time 2 days ago with The Autumn Offering and The Agonist. Good god Autumn Offering sucks dick live. Their guitarist is so full of himself and sloppy. The vocalist and drummer own though. But Threat Signal was fucking spot on...I've listened to Under Reprisal enough to have the entire album memorized and they never missed a beat. All the solos were perfect and they all seemed like really cool dudes. I shook the vocalists hand after the show and thanked him for playing. Their tone was fuckin huge too...one guy was running a 6505 and the other guy was running an ENGL stack. Im note sure exactly which model it was...I think it was either the Invader or Savage. I cant wait for the new album though, these guys are great. Not sure why people are bagging on the drummer, he was fuckin killer.

I love this band so much. I got to see them live for the first time 2 days ago with The Autumn Offering and The Agonist. Good god Autumn Offering sucks dick live. Their guitarist is so full of himself and sloppy. The vocalist and drummer own though. But Threat Signal was fucking spot on...I've listened to Under Reprisal enough to have the entire album memorized and they never missed a beat. All the solos were perfect and they all seemed like really cool dudes. I shook the vocalists hand after the show and thanked him for playing. Their tone was fuckin huge too...one guy was running a 6505 and the other guy was running an ENGL stack. Im note sure exactly which model it was...I think it was either the Invader or Savage. I cant wait for the new album though, these guys are great. Not sure why people are bagging on the drummer, he was fuckin killer.

Just...

No.

I only previewed some of the songs. The drums sound pretty bad from what I listened to. Granted, I listened through laptop speakers. The riffage is definitely not as killer as it was with Kyle in the band. What a bummer.