Three star ToS review

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
By David Flaherty, from the entertainment liftout of this week’s Sunday Mail (!!):

“Possessing one of metal’s most famous voices, Bruce “The Air-Raid Siren” Dickinson enjoys a long and celebrated career as the frontman of Iron Maiden. His first solo offering in seven years, the mystical “Tyranny of Souls”, finds Dickinson’s vocals at their wailing finest.

The album goes beyond the Iron Maiden dynamic with a gritty guitar approach that covers an array of heavy music styles. Tracks such as “Soul Intruders” and “Power Of The Sun” are galloping cuts with melodic leads and glorious choruses that will appeal to Iron Maiden fanatics. “Believil” and “River of No Return” have a strong industrial edge and “Devil On A Hog” is a chest-thumping foray into hard rock.

The recording’s most surprising cut is its Bowie styled ballad “Navigate The Seas Of The Sun”. The song has a tender magical flavour as Dickinson’s spectacular voice takes on a haunting Ozzy Osbourne type quality.”

I’m happy to see Brucie getting some respec’ from the mainstream press, but I’m wary of placing too much stock in the reviewer’s opinion. He called The Glorious Burden the best metal album of 2004 :lol:.

W

Wrathchild said:
I’m happy to see Brucie getting some respec’ from the mainstream press, but I’m wary of placing too much stock in the reviewer’s opinion. He called The Glorious Burden the best metal album of 2004 :lol:.

W

I just think it's great that David Flaherty and Cameron Adams actually get the opportunity to review metal albums for mainstream press. I remember Adams gave both We've Come For You All and The Blessed Hellride 4 stars.. That deserves respect. :) He also interviewed Hilary Duff, which was pretty funny.