threshold cds

Kenso

Juke Box Hero
Sep 18, 2006
zzz
i just listened to critical mass, and that cd is fucking incredible.

someones suggestions on which cds of theirs are the best/will most likely contain set material

or just a list of all albums in order of your personal opinion

thanks in advance

Why did Wilson leave the second time? I read that he left abruptly before the recording of Clone.

I only own Critical Mass but will definantly be picking up some more of their stuff in the near future.

If I'm not mistaken the PPVI Sampler had a track from Subsurface, so I was reeled in there. IMO, Threshold is one of those bands that are rock solid throughout their catalog, so you can't really go wrong with any of them.

All the Mac era albums are excellent, but I think that Susurface is the best. Just my opinion, of course.

Hypothetical and Subsurface are EXCELLENT...

Ditto - I would say get those two first.

Then change it up with Psychedelicatessen (the only CD they made with Glynn Morgan and the disc that really got me into them. Top notch CD and definitely their heaviest stuff <'Will To Give' OWNS>)

Clone is a good album and Macs first - amazing standout tracks like Sunrise on Mars and Perfect Gene

Extinct Instinct is not mentioned much (as used to be hard to find before the reissue) but I love it - Damian's 'return' album <after Psychedelicatessen> and definitely their most produced and focused prog metal album ever.

The first CD Wounded Land has some outstanding tracks <Surface to Air> as well.

Welcome to the tribe!!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hypothetical, hands down. I cannot comment on Subsurface as I've yet to hear it. Critical Mass is okay but a bit to meandering and unfocused in my opinion. Clone is merely average. Psychedelicattesen is definitely up there. Hypothetical is definitely their most riff oriented and myself, being more of a power fan, find that one the most enjoyable as such.