Threshold - Dead Reckoning

Ze Dan

European Prog Rock Rabbi
Sep 5, 2002
Paris, France
www.progressia.net
Anybody heard it…*? as for me until now it is the 2nd masterpiece released this year (1st is Pain Of Salvation's Scarsick) waiting for Enchan't's and Thought Chamber's albums. Man this album rocks big time ! besides I love Dan Swanö's (short but so intense though) contribution

I've only heard to radio edit of "Slipstream" on their website, and I'm not holding my breath. Swanö's growls seemed more like a gimmick to me, and their shorter songs don't seem to be on the quality level of "Light And Space" or "Phenomenon" any more. Hopefully the rest of the album can prove me wrong.

Whoa!
This one comes out of nothing for me, wonderful news!!!:headbang:

I absolutely LOVE that special Threshold sound, like some faint reminiscence of the 1980's metal. Powerful, yet still so melodic.

Thanks a lot Ze Dan, I would have missed it otherwise, I fear. :worship:

Far as I knew, the CD doesn't release till next month?.....

So stoked for Prog Power this year cause I can FINALLY see these guys live

:worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang: :worship: :headbang:

Can NOT wait!!!
:kickass:

Just got the album today and am completely blown away by it!
No words can describe how awesome, fantastic, outstanding and simply wonderful this album is.
Try and get it as soon as you can, you won't be disappointed.

I've heard the promo album and it's an absolute killer!!! The songwriting is simply out of this world and the melodies are incredible. They even manage to get away by sparingly using Death Metal vocals on two tracks by Dan Swano! Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles review of Dead Reckoning states that:"Dead Reckoning is one of the finest slabs of prog since Dream Theater's Images And Words" Trust me...it is THAT good!!!

it is definately worth getting or at least listening to if you havent heard it already. i think that it is a smashing album from what I have heard so far. the single got to number one on the nuclear blast charts... dont see why the album cant be as successful.

Dead Reckoning is due for release 23 March in Europe, 26 March in the UK and 3 April in the US.

Get a teaser on www.thresh.net

or watch the new video for Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qw1M-e0CeQ

I absolutely love the new stuff, I think Threshold have once again topped themselves, just when you thought they couldn't any more!

The US release has been pushed back to 23 April. But, we bought our copies from Amazon.co.uk and had them sent to the US. The CD is AWESOME. I think this CD is on par or above with Images and Words. Thanks to Enchant as well for helping hold the Prog Metal standard in the US to a higher level!

MasterChief
Reckoning Day is Coming!

I admit to not knowing who this band is....I've heard the name before but never heard anything....

That being said, I love discovering new music - so I looked it up. Just heard 'Hollow'

And I have to say it was just that, HOLLOW.

The music is really AWESOME....but the vocals are lacking.

And I have to say it was just that, HOLLOW.

The music is really AWESOME....but the vocals are lacking.

You kind of contradict yourself there, or...?

Sure it's all a matter of taste, but personally I think Mac is one of the most versatile and unique vocalists around, who combines power and emotion just perfectly.

Anybody heard it…*? as for me until now it is the 2nd masterpiece released this year (1st is Pain Of Salvation's Scarsick) waiting for Enchan't's and Thought Chamber's albums. Man this album rocks big time ! besides I love Dan Swanö's (short but so intense though) contribution

WE bought our copies from the UK, and have not stopped listening to them. The CD is incredible from start to finish. Favorite at this point is "Elusive" and "Safe to Fly" - but the epic of "Pilot in the Sky of Dreams" is amazing! :headbang:

yet another Superb release by threshold. Got the ltd edition album and it has been in my cd player for so long I think it might melt.

One of my absolute favourites is "Supermassive Black Hole" (ltd edition), especially compared to the ridiculous original version by Muse. Mac's voice is just completely amazing throughout the whole album.