THRESHOLD: For The Journey

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
THRESHOLD - For The Journey Album Details Revealed

British progressive metal heroes, Threshold, have revealed further info on their upcoming new album, For The Journey. The successor to their 2012 output, March Of Progress, was produced by Karl Groom and Threshold keyboardist Richard West at Thin Ice Studios in England, and mastered by Mika Jussila at Finnvox in Finland. The album will be released on September 19th via Nuclear Blast.

Commented Richard West: "For The Journey is one of our strongest albums and one of the most enjoyable to make. I've probably heard it a thousand times during the recording process, but now that's it's over I still can't stop listening to it!“

The cover artwork was created by Polish artist Leszek Bujnowski, who Threshold found on the internet. “He's designed some beautiful pieces and we thought this was a perfect Threshold cover,” stated West.

p18s8l9q9g14r5a6011bg5hu75r4.jpg

Tracklisting:

"Watchtower On The Moon"
"Unforgiven"
"The Box"
"Turned To Dust"
"Lost In Your Memory"
"Autumn Red"
"The Mystery Show"
"Siren Sky"

Bonus tracks:

"I Wish I Could" (digipak, vinyl and download versions)
"Lost In Your Memory" (Acoustic Version) (vinyl and download versions)

I'm still having a hard time getting into them without Mac's vocals, but I'll pick this one up.
I know you're not alone on this one. Personally, I much prefer Damian.

Glenn deserves another sellout, so how about NOT give Threshold the headline slot? :lol:
I think this board has a way of distorting a band's popularity. It's easy to lose sight of the fact that the 16 people who love Threshold all post on this forum.

Can't wait to hear this one (as usual with their releases). I've enjoyed all their vocalists and find that the songwriting itself play a huge part in why I like these guys so much. Extinct Instinct was my fav from them so I feel right at home with Damian back in the fold.

I never listened to Threshold with Damian because having been to PPIII Mac was the guy there. But after he died I've quite enjoyed them with Damian. I also believe Headspace is working on a new album too, I'd love to see them BOTH at the fest.

Also hoping NB is one of the vendors so we can pick up For the Journey at the fest. :headbang:

IMO, Mac was a damn good vocalist, but Damien is a great vocalist. He is one of my top 5 favorite metal vocalists. Even though they seem to be going a direction I don't care for recently (I didn't care for PiTSoD at all), this will probably be a blind buy for me.

Damian is a vocal god. There is actually no comparison to him IMO. He sings effortlessly and with the utmost passion and conviction. Threshold began with him and hopefully will end with him. Wounded Land = Masterpiece! New album I'm sure will not dissapoint as every Threshold album is superb!

I do not get that at all. :guh:

That comparison had never occurred to me at all, but now I can kind of see what he means by it. There's a certain vocal characteristic that's hard to put into words... I want to call it kind of an effortless, muted scratchiness, but that has the wrong connotation because it's awesome... that both of them use at times as part of their style. They both have a distinctive character in their voice that I always found very compelling. RIP to both.

Damian is awesome in an entirely different way, and I can't wait to hear the new record.