THRESHOLD FORCED TO CANCEL SHOWS

Threshold

Oct 22, 2009
British progressive metallers THRESHOLD are sorry to announce the cancellation of all their pre-release shows that were planned for April 2012.

THRESHOLD are currently in the studio recording their ninth album "March of Progress", but regretfully vocalist Damian Wilson has been taken ill so all of the band's plans are now delayed.

A number of people seem to be taking this announcement in an over dramatic way. After such a long break and the amount of effort put into the new Threshold album we have simply put back the dates for the vocal session by 4 weeks to allow Damian to recover from a chest infection. He is still able to sing at the moment, but cannot attain his full range and we will not be compromising at this stage.

In fact he was suffering this when I saw his gig in London last month, but was still sounding good. So I am sure he will be alright for the planned Maiden Utd shows this month, it's just that recording is a different discipline.

The result of all this is that there will not be time to create a new live set in time for the planned April shows, as I will still be mixing when we planned to rehearse. The band are very excited about the release of March of Progress and Damian will make this a very special release, as his last album with Threshold was Extinct Instinct in 1997.

A number of people seem to be taking this announcement in an over dramatic way. After such a long break and the amount of effort put into the new Threshold album we have simply put back the dates for the vocal session by 4 weeks to allow Damian to recover from a chest infection. He is still able to sing at the moment, but cannot attain his full range and we will not be compromising at this stage.

In fact he was suffering this when I saw his gig in London last month, but was still sounding good. So I am sure he will be alright for the planned Maiden Utd shows this month, it's just that recording is a different discipline.

The result of all this is that there will not be time to create a new live set in time for the planned April shows, as I will still be mixing when we planned to rehearse. The band are very excited about the release of March of Progress and Damian will make this a very special release, as his last album with Threshold was Extinct Instinct in 1997.

I think most people saw the illness and thought the recovery would take months. I expected him to have a severe cold (he had picked one up in the Netherlands during his solo tour), which indeed forced you to reschedule the recording and mixing.

I had a feeling you guys wouldn't have enough time to rehearse, what with recording and all. I'm sad that I won't see you live in April after all, however I greatly look forward to the new album and the following tour!

Damian's website mentioned the Threshold shows as postponed and the maiden united ones as confirmed, so it was not hard to guess it was a matter of conflicting schedulings rather than some serious health issue :)