Threshold studio update

Threshold

Oct 22, 2009
British progressive metallers THRESHOLD are currently at Thin Ice Studios (DRAGONFORCE, PENDRAGON) in Surrey, England to record their ninth studio album.

The band have finished pre-production and are now tracking drums. "We've got about 75 minutes of music at the moment so there's plenty to do" said keyboard player Richard West, who is producing the album alongside guitarist Karl Groom. "I'm very pleased with the way this album is coming together" commented Groom. "It is particularly good to see contributions in writing from more band members".

The new album sees the return of original THRESHOLD vocalist Damian Wilson (HEADSPACE, STAR ONE) who rejoined the band in 2007 following the departure of Andrew 'Mac' McDermott who sadly passed away on 3 August.

THRESHOLD's previous studio album "Dead Reckoning" was released in 2007 and featured guest vocals by Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, BLOODBATH). The album entered the charts at position 64 in Germany, 95 in The Netherlands and 37 in the UK rock chart.

THRESHOLD will release their new album through Nuclear Blast Records in 2012.

Wow! Awesome! I hope that this record will launch Threshold higher than ever before!

I'm sure it will be amazing. :D
But -sigh- 2012...spring, I think Richard said.
Me wants Threshold nao.

75 mins is a big CD though, so yay for more Threshold songs!

To be honest we don't know yet, it's all sounding strong so we're just recording it all for now and we'll decide later.

I mentioned some of the new Threshold songs on my Facebook a while ago. One was Counting on You, but that now has a new title. The other was Darkest Hour, but we ended up dropping the song because it wasn't right for the album. So to be honest, announcing song titles in advance hasn't worked too well so far..!

But ok, here are a couple that "should" be definite:

Colophon
Staring at the Sun

I remember you announcing me to "expect great things from this song I'm working on, it's called Ground Control", and it turned out to be one of my all time faves, so it works great indeed ;)

Did someone say bonustrack or new direct to fan material...:worship:

Not necessarily... Keep My Head and Do Unto Them were not tracks supposed to fit Threshold style but both made it to official releases.

(but, on the opposite, someone may remember that the early tracklist of Critical Mass featured "Falling Away part II", which was later dropped, and not officially re-used yet *hint* *hint* :D )

Not necessarily... Keep My Head and Do Unto Them were not tracks supposed to fit Threshold style but both made it to official releases.

(but, on the opposite, someone may remember that the early tracklist of Critical Mass featured "Falling Away part II", which was later dropped, and not officially re-used yet *hint* *hint* :D )

You should do that more subtle, like this:

Thanks for your kind words Rob. As far as bonus tracks go, we've got enough material to work on right now without thinking of more..! Darkest Hour and Falling Away (part 2) were nice songs but they don't quite fit what we're doing at the moment.

Thanks for your kind words Rob. As far as bonus tracks go, we've got enough material to work on right now without thinking of more..! Darkest Hour and Falling Away (part 2) were nice songs but they don't quite fit what we're doing at the moment.

I bet Falling Away part II has been considered for the League Of Lights cd, perhaps it needs some further arrangement to 100% fit the style.