March of Progress - latest news

You'll be pleased to know that more than half the instrumental section of Ashes is missing from this edit then.

Solos are by myself and Rich in the main song. The outro lead on the fade is by Pete. The wahwah did put me in mind of Nick when playing it.

Karl,

Congrats; Ashes is definitely a WINNER even as a shortened radio edit (why do radios keep asking for these stupid versions?).

Notwithstanding my preference for Mac's vocals, it's clear that Damian did a great job..! I can't wait to hear the whole album..! And please let us know about your touring plans - I for one will definitely be seeing you guys in Switzerland..!

There seems to be a consensus among fans, although a lot of us absolutely love and sorely miss Mac's vocals, we're pretty impressed with Damians effort.

That's quite astonishing really. I'd say it sounds like Mr Wilsons best vocal performance ever. The man sure has a lot to live up to!

Damian was always a great singer technically, but anyone who saw Threshold live in the last 5 years would understand just how good he is more recently. Since he returned, I would say that he has inspired the rest of the band to raise their level.

Mac left the band over 5 years ago, but it is with great sadness we see one year approach since his passing. Look out for the Threshold youtube channel on 3 August.

Radio edits are required by the label. I believe there is a 5 minute rule for some playlists and also restrictions by GEMA in Germany. Of course the original version still exists and will be out with the album, so all should be fine!

I love Damien's voice as much as Mac's, and Glynns, for different reasons Oo
Depends what kind of mood I'm in.
But now Damien is back, I really appreciate that the band is going to sound new and fresh, and the singing is still in the hands of a master. Also I think a lot of people forget that Threshold is great because of everyone involved, not just the singer. I kind of wonder what Mac would have sounded like on another album, and, if I'm honest, I just think it would have been very similar sounding... not that its a bad thing, but I think it does lose its value after a while, hard to explain but it sort of makes the previous albums a little less special. Not sure how much sense that'll make but oh well.

I got to say though I am really sad that Mac passed away, he had so much more to give, I wanted to see him go on and do other things once he left, maybe even one day come back to Threshold, but none of thats going to happen now and its a real damn shame :( I will be looking out on youtube August 3rd.

"You do realise that this is not Damian's first album with Threshold so we know what to expect from the great Professor!"

I never really cared that much about Damians two albums with Threshold. I always thought that Mac's vocals were, by far, a better fit. Damian was good, no doubt, but lacked warmth and soul in his voice, I thought.

In my opinion, Damians voice is far better these days... it's "aged" really really well! The first time I started to get my hopes up again after Mac leaving Threshold, was when I heard Damian with Arjen "Ayreon". I was particularly impressed with his performance on 'Cassandra Complex' (Star one).

again, speaking of play.com, my copy is currently being processed. I will hardly get it this monday, but it's pleasant to read that it is "Temporarily out of stock. This item will be dispatched as soon as it arrives": sales are going great! :D

I can't wait until Wednesday, I have it preordered on uk amazon. I would rather go deaf than download it illegally. I am happy to purchase another mp3 copy today. Cant seem to get hold of anything being in the UK. Anyone been able to purchase the mp3 version from the UK?

Also purchased mine online (via Amazon) and should get it later this week - and while I was at it, I had to order Extinct Instinct..! :D If songs are as good as "Ashes" I will be one happy camper..!