Threshold: March Of Progress

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/185650 :

"British progressive metallers THRESHOLD have revealed details on their upcoming ninth studio album, the follow-up to 2007’s Dead Reckoning.

As previously announced, the record is entitled March Of Progress and was recorded and produced in Thin Ice Studios (DRAGONFORCE, PENDRAGON) by band members Karl Groom and Richard West with additional production at Eightspace Studio (LEAGUE OF LIGHTS, THE MORNING AFTER). Vocal duties on March Of Progress have been performed by Threshold's original front man Damian Wilson (STAR ONE, HEADSPACE), who's been back touring with the band since the release of Dead Reckoning.

Keyboardist Richard West comments on the approaching release: “It's been a long march but the new Threshold album is finally ready. This is our longest album to date - we hope you're going to love it!”

300-marchofprogress.jpg

March Of Progress will be released via Nuclear Blast Records on August 31st, and comes to you in a limited digipak edition incl. bonus track, a standard jewel case edition as well as in a 2-vinyl-edition in two different colours, one of them exclusively available via the Nuclear Blast mail order with the following tracklists:

Digi
'Ashes'
'Return Of The Thought Police'
'Staring At The Sun'
'Liberty Complacency Dependency'
'Colophon'
'The Hours'
'That’s Why We Came'
'Don’t Look Down'
'Coda'
'Rubicon'

Bonus track:
'Divinity'

CD
'Ashes'
'Staring At The Sun'
'Colophon'
'The Hours'
'That’s Why We Came'
'Don’t Look Down'
'Coda'
'Rubicon'

2LP

Side A:
'Ashes'
'Staring At The Sun'

Side B:
'The Hours'

Side C:
'Colophon'
'That’s Why We Came'
'Don’t Look Down'

Side D:
'Coda'
'Rubicon' "

Great looking art. Really looking forward to this one as Damian remains one of my favourite singers.

I'm also looking forward to this one, even though Damian is far to be of my fave singers...I'll miss Mac, I'm quite sure of that...

Hopefully, the style will be a continuation of Dead Reckoning, and not a throwback to the early discs with Damian, which I still enjoy to a certain degree, but not as much as DR...

I love Threshold, but this disc is going to have to go a ways to top the latest from Damien's other band .. Headspace. Headspace's I Am Anonymous is a top contender for prog disc of the year. Excellent stuff.

Britt

I'm looking forward to this even though I am not a fan of Damien's voice. Hoping that the music is so awesome that it will over shadow his voice;or maybe he will be acually good who knows. Love the art work & RIP MAC.

Without a doubt my most anticipated album ever! Damian is my favorite singer in the world and this is going to kill. I hope they go back to the Wounded Land style; that album is killer. Quite honestly, I don;t care what style they go with... as long as Damian is singing. I will sponsor them for next years Prog Power:D

The trailer sounds very stylistically similar to most of the material they recorded with Mac which, although I have never found to be as interesting as their first three albums, has been consistent and enjoyable. Looking forward to this release.

The band have just unveiled the first single from March Of Progress called 'Ashes' - check out the radio edit/lyric video below. The song is also available as a free MP3 download here.

Last edited by a moderator: