Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Coda

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • The Rubicon

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Divinity

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Got the album today, and only listened to it once. It seems to me that the album gets stronger as it goes on. I reckon The Rubicon is my favourite so far, but I need to give it many more spins.

Today it is Return of the Thought Police.

Damian is really using his voice as an instrument on this one, expressing several different emotions within the song!

My 7 year old son is singing on Staring at the Sun... :Smokin:

First time posting in the Threshold section, but I had to because the new album is so brilliant. :worship:

The whole thing is fantastic. To me there isn't a weak track on it, but there were a few songs that stood out for me from the first listen:

Return of the Thought Police - Love the slower tempo (I think Dead Reckoning was lacking a slow grinder like this one). The guitar riff is pretty sick, especially when it comes slamming in after the first echo-y verses from Damian.

Liberty, Complacency, Dependency - Really evokes the past, sounding like it could have fit effortlessly on Extinct Instinct, with the spoken word sampling and the tempo changes.

Don't Look Down - Love the chorus. Definitely has a soaring quality at points like the songs from Dead Reckoning.

On further listens I've also fallen in love with The Rubicon (probably my favorite track now, especially with the 'gothic keys' ending and the lyrics referencing the first track from each previous Threshold album), Staring at the Sun, The Hours, Coda, and Divinity.

I think this album hits some great heights. Everything comes together in perfect synthesis, from the songwriting to the playing to Damian's vocals which sound better than ever. :D

never noticed that, indeed! Perhaps because so far I only listened to the album by car

It took me a few listens to notice it, but then I started to realize that the lyrics were sounding familiar. ;)

Listening to Elusive again now and to my ears the tempo is just a bit quicker. More drums in there giving a quicker beat. But both are great songs. :)

Divinity is a beautiful and touching song and it is one of my favourites on the album. In the poll I only chose one song though and therefore it had to be The Hours.

Wellsir... hmm... Ok so Ashes, Staring at the Sun (which is one of my least favourite hobbies), and Cola. It's a very tasty drink. I wish I had some right now actually. :D

These are based on the fact that I've only listened to the album once through and that was while playing Minecraft so my attention was diverted somewhat.