Threshold in Powerplay Magazine

Penny pinching again!

I'm hoping it's the July issue - their website has a pic of "issue 110 onsale June" with ACDC on the cover.

it'll probably have to wait until Friday when I am somewhere a little bigger than here

I think it might be a combination of age and the fact that you know most of what is in a mag already. Pre internet the only way to find out about anything half decent was in Kerrang, and after a while Metal Hammer.

I guess the plethora of information we can all find out in seconds has taken some of the mystique away!

^ It's not as complicated as you suggest. For me it is simply that the content and the presentation is not up to par with what was being released in the 80's and early 90's.

I used to read a lot of French Metal magazines such as Hard Rock Magazine, Hard Force and Metal Hammer. Let me tell you that these magazines were a lavish affair. The way they were put together was like having a coffee table book every month. The quality of the paper was of the highest grade and they covered bands that were actually worth their weight.

When I compare French magazines to their British counter parts they seem a bit dull and boring...hence the reason why I don't buy them anymore.

Check out THIS magazines which tries to combine traditional magazines with the Web...with some interesting results, I would say.

There is a Borders bookshop to the east of Edinburgh and after a combined trip to restock my fish tank (not from there!) I now have a copy

It contains a short but very positive review of the Rotherham gig.

It's now read and sitting in my "Threshold drawer".

I won't detail the text here (as an occasional magazine article writer, I would rather people bought the magazine) but of the reviews at the back of the mag only one got 10, Threshold got 9.

Nice :)

Borders is actually a pretty big chain, isn't it? I remember my gf telling me that she worked in one in Ohio and I remember seeing some in several european airports.

Glad the guys got a 9/10 for their gig btw :)