Throne Of Chaos

Mountain Man

Blow It All To Hell!
Feb 24, 2002
West Virginia
I received Century Media's newsletter the other day through e-mail and as I was reading it, a band called Throne Of Chaos caught my eye. Here's what the news bit said:

Throne Of Chaos is an extremely versatile Finnish five-piece incorporates elements from In Flames to Dream Theater, and also includes unconventional metal traits such as pure rock melodies. In 2000, they quickly caught the attention of Spikefarm Records and immediately began working on Pervetigo, their second full-length album and their first to be released in the U.S. Recorded at Studio Fredman (At the Gates, IN FLAMES) it features fast and furious death/black metal with a more traditional heavy metal twist than your average contemporary heavy band. Pervetigo is their first release to feature a duel vocal assault, as they enlisted the efforts of Niklas Isfeldt (DREAM EVIL) to add yet another dimension to their already eccentric sound. With their unconventional twists and turns throughout each track, be prepared for a wild ride.

Sounded good to me, so I checked them out and I liked what I heard. If ya wanna check out the band, here's their website address - http://www.tocrocks.com and under the band section on centurymedia.com there's a bio and a full song that you can D/L.

I've only heard their first album, Menace & Prayer and i couldn't believe how much they sounded like Children of Bodom...almost identical. Since i don't care much for COB i didn't care for this. I'll give the new disc a chance to see if they've come into their own sound but i'm not expectin much.:zzz: