Thy Serpent

melinda

bitch in black
Oct 8, 2002
Germany
Visit site
Anyone who knows "Thy Serpent"? I only have a view songs, but my first impression was, that they sound a little bit like Opeth. Especially "Deathbearer". Not the vocals but drums and guitar, quite melodic! Of course no competition...:D

I really like these guys. There is definately an Opeth similarity (just listen to the first riff on the song A Traveller of Unkown Plains. They are very folky black metal, very epic and beautiful. They also have a very elegant sound that is almost fragile. Imagine Opeth and (early) Dimmu Borgir having a baby.

I just have this major attitude problem against Tenetz because of his metal reviews. He may have been right when shiting all the bands imaginable, but he really couldn´t afford to do that cause Thy Serpent isn´t anything that special.

Originally posted by Windom Pearl
:puke:

Well, actually the mcd "Death" sounded pretty good to me three years ago. Also I recall I´ve in my naive youth liked Forests of Witchery. The two others are pure shit.

If the Death -mcd is the one Lasse played to me, it's good. Also Forests of Witchery. Others are pure shit yes.

I just have this major attitude problem against Tenetz because of his metal reviews. He may have been right when shiting all the bands imaginable, but he really couldn´t afford to do that cause Thy Serpent isn´t anything that special.

Where are his reviews?