TIAMAT for PP8?

Osiris' Eyes

El Duderino
Jan 18, 2006
Windy City
I apologize if this subject has been broached previously but I was wondering if the all-mighty Tiamat would ever be considered for a slot at the greatest Metal Festival in existence? I know that their style really doesn't fit either the Power or Progressive classification but would definitely be welcomed as an "oddball" a la Therion. I know that some of their lyrical content might be objectionable to some...is that a consideration when putting the lineup together? Let me hear your thoughts. I love the looks of PP8 thus far and can't wait to see what Glenn has in store for us next...the drama of each slot being revealed beats any reality show or movie. :worship:

I love TIamat especially OLD Tiamat, so I would welcome the chance to see them.

Tiamat would be in my top 5 to see at PP. I have loved everything they've done over the last 6 or so albums! Maybe even play "The Pain Song" from Lucyfire and I'd be in heaven! Certainly an "oddball" by this board's standards.

Their new ... doomier sound might fit. Been wondering what Glenn's opinion is on clean vocal doom bands.

I'd love to see 'em (they're near the top of my "Bands I Really Like But Haven't Seen Live" list), but they're awfully far from anything Prog or Power-related. They'd easily be the most oddball "Oddball" ever. Therion is at least metal, and even mostly power metal, while Tiamat these days is more like atmospheric pop-rock or something. "I Am In Love With Myself"? Calling them a "doom band" is being rather generous. :)

Only have one Tiamat album, but that's a band I wouldn't mind to check live at PPVIII. Nice call.

testofwills said:
I saw Tiamat back in 95 opening up for Sabbath and Motorhead..they were so good but i don;t think they would warrant a slot at Progpower..Not to many people know who they are and i think they would drag at the fest......:Smug:
Not if we could get a set dominated by the Clouds and Wildhoney records!!:kickass:

I'm not familiar with them, but I'll check a suggestion out by a man that has the screen name of Osiris Eyes! I love Pagans Mind and I'm hoping to see them back this year! \nn/

Brian