Ticket Count update (3/8- 12pm EST)

He probably won't know till Monday, unless somebody happens to go into work or check it for him today.

Big congrats to Glenn!...amazing to see the tix sales taking off like that!

Gonna be a great festival this year!

Rock on!

Spectacular performance for a spectacular lineup! Here is to Glenn Harveston, promoter of the American Wacken! SALUTE!:kickass:

I got my tickets today along with my girfriend, cousin, and best friend. This will be my third progpower. I am new to the pp forum so i just want greet everyone here and wish you all a great day.

I got my tickets today along with my girfriend, cousin, and best friend. This will be my third progpower. I am new to the pp forum so i just want greet everyone here and wish you all a great day.

Welcome! It's much like a family here.

Glenn, mucho congrats for the record sales. You totally deserve this after all your hard work. :kickass:

I would venture to guess that it is a sell-out by now, or at least that is what I hope for.

I would venture to guess that it is a sell-out by now, or at least that is what I hope for.

I just went to Ticketmater and selected 50 tickets, and they were purchasable so doesn't seem sold out (I released em right away). I'm guessing that there are around 100-150 left. I think they'll sell out soon enough...

I just went to Ticketmater and selected 50 tickets, and they were purchasable so doesn't seem sold out (I released em right away). I'm guessing that there are around 100-150 left. I think they'll sell out soon enough...

It would sell out a lot faster if you had actually made that purchase. Where's your sense of loyalty and support?!?

Steve in Philly

I have no idea of a number yet today. If my memory isn't mistaken, this is the past trend:

PP VII- 600 tix sold first 3 days, 294 tix sold over next 10 months
PP VI 700 tix sold first 3 days, 200 tix sold over the next 16 days
PP V- 700 tix sold first 3 days, 200 tix sold over the next 10 days
PP IV- sold out in 4 days
PP III- sold out in 6 days

I would be surprised if I haven't hit the 700 mark after sales today (3rd day). How fast it sells after that is anyone's guess. I don't think any festival dedicated to these two genres are going to sell as fast as in the previous years regardless of lineup. It is a different enviroment now as costs are higher for everyone and the big names are able to tour on their own in the U.S. That has a major impact on the casual fan as they are the ones that impact quick sell-outs.

While I obviously want the quick sell-out, I have to be realistic on things. A sold-out show should be looked at as a success regardless if it takes 6 months or 6 days to sell-out in today's market.

That's a great attitude to have towards the ticket sales, Glenn. We all want ProgPower to be a success (you, I'm sure, more than anyone), but appriciating its success no matter what the conditions of that success are is a great attitude to take.

I appreciate the updates you've been giving us. I'm not a sports person, but the one team I do like to route for ever year is the ProgPower team. The quicker the win in ticket sales for you guys, the better the feeling I get. Regardless of sales, however, I always feel like you, I and everyone else in attendance in Atlanta every year goes home feeling like they've won. With this year's line-up, I'm sure this October will be no exception. :headbang:

So that's 750 tickets sold in 2 days, WOW!!!! that is a new record. great job Glenn.