Tightest rhythm section you've heard live (metal bands)

Kir-ir-Bannog

...no ordinary rabbit
Jul 2, 2004
Cambridge, UK
Who is is the tightest drummer, bassist and rhythm guitarist (working as a unit) you have ever heard in a live metal performance?

I've got to go for:

Scott Ian
Frankie Bello
Charlie Benante

I don't think there have been many gigs ive been to where the timing has been so accurate to the record and crystal clear. these 3 beat the lot that I have seen.

Dream Theater.

Not at all my favourite gig in any way, but the playing was as clean and precise as clean and precise playing is.

Not sure what's rhythm and what's lead in a one-guitarist band but Adam Jones, Justin Chancellor, and Danny Carey are about as tight as I've ever heard..

Gotta say Opeth with Dream Theater being a close second.

As far as non metal bands, it was easily Kansas when I saw them back in '02 or '03. I was very, very pleasantly surprised by how incredibly tight these guys were. Totally blew me away.

MEGADETH!!!!!im surprise nobody says dave mustaine yet...the tightest rythm player ever.

Also Mille Petrozza from Kreator (Sick rythm player)

Dark tranquillity! I was blown away by Henriksson rythm technique.

rhythm section = more than just rhythm guitars. rhythm section generally refers to drums and bass, and possibly the rhythm guitar if there is one.

Lamb of God is really tight live.

Chris Adler, his bro
&
The other 2 dudes

Coming from India, I haven't got the opportunity to see many kickass international acts, but Opeth 2 months ago was mindblowing ! Axenrot single handedly fucked the shit out of the PAs