TIM 'RIPPER' OWENS sings on new ICED EARTH cd

Well i've had the album about a week now and as I expected after hearing the EP it is overall a great album!
From start to finish I didn't find many bad points about it musically and Tim owen has done a good job on the vocal side of things! I must say though the lyrics were not as inspiring to me as some of Jon's past lyrical geniuses!
Night of the Stormrider still remains my favorite Iced Earth album by far and i'm 99.9999% sure it'l always be that way!
I think Tim Owen suits the thrashy galloping riffs of Iced Earth and I actually prefer him....although Matt was an extrodinary singer and will be missed!

Going to see them in London on March 21st so i'm curious as to how Tim handles the older songs!
Personally I find most singers can't sing songs sung by previous singers as good. Well...it's not that they don't sing them as good it's just that you get used to how the song sounds so it's not the same when sung by someone else......it can be like a cover! hehe

Bring back Matt, that's what I say. Owens is good, Barlow is better. That's my opinion and I'm sticking by it! I agree it just doesn't seem right with Owens singing all the classic IE songs from now on, and to be honest I'm not all that impressed with what I've heard of The Glorious Burden.

The Glorious Burden is my new favorite Iced Earth album, and is slowly starting to take over Judas Priest's Sad Wings... as my favorite album of all time. I have been a huge fan of ripper since he joined priest, and even went as far as buying his cd from his first band, Winter's Bane. It is just as good as his work in priest and IE. Hail Tim! I am curious as to how he will do the Barlow songs, but i have confidence in him and think he might can pull them off in his own unique way... I want to hear his version of Dante's Inferno.

Brent

This album ROCKS !!!

Tipper Owens, is outstanding. This will be one of the best CDs of 2004.

Just go BUY it.

----------------------

We are a new prog label seeking unsigned bands. Check us out.

www.lonewolfmusic.com

I have the new IE 2CDs, the production is great , the riffs are nice, Tim Owen is the best thing in the album, I didn't like him in with JP, but here, he become one of my favorite vocalists ever

What I didn't like in the album is it needs more solos, Songs like the last triology: gettysburg is 31 minutes and has no foreground solos! also Atilla and the reckoning are very nice songs only the lack of solos..

Im an old metalhead so i do appretaite solos

cheers,
\m/

Iced Earth RULES!!!!! and always will rule. them and Testament have been my favorite band for some years now and will always be.

TGB is awsome :worship:

i wouldn't be to worried about how well owens can cover barlow...i mean, he covered rob halford for christ's sake...not to knock on barlow, god knows i loved his work, but i think owens can handle it...

Well for me the Iced Earth gig was meant to be this weekend but it is indeed cancelled :( ...........BASTARD!!!

I think Tim has the voice to do all the old stuff. I tihnk his voice will be well suited to do songs off my favorite album..Night of the Stormrider!!
I don't know about Burnt Offerings mind...that album to me needs a really heavy deep voice like barlows...it just has that sort of feel to it!

I'm interested to see what Tim does.....have to wait and see!

Tim Owens is undoubably one of if not the best singers in music now. He did an amazong job filing in for Rob Halford in judas priest yet my prayers were answered and Halford is back in Priest. I love The Glorious Burden and Tim still has that high ranged booming voice and i love it, you can not say a bad word about that man. p.s. i hated barlow

tim owens is horrible, he is draggin Iced Earth down with his shitty vocals. The bonus disc that comes with the special edition of The Glorious Burden, the Gettysburg epic, is fucking amazing, but he sucks on the rest of the album.

Ok, ripper isnt HORRIBLE, but he doesnt even come close to matt barlow.

Barlow is the best they had.. just listen to the Alive In Athens live album compared to the new one, Barlow is just amazing. Still, i'm going to see Iced Earth in concert on the 30th, so i'll see just how well Owens can perform.

LET´S HOPE TIM OWENS SING AT LEAST THE SAME POWERFULL LIKE THE MASTER BARLOW IN THE ALIVE IN ATHERNS CD...IN A LIVE ALBUM IT´S GONA SEE IF HE IS A CAN BE A MEMBER OF ICED EARTH...

"MAKE METAL, MAKE MUSIK" :headbang:

What a shame. He is a looser, I hate his voice and appearance. His vocals completely ruined a fine album. It's a MAJOR shame that Matt Barlow left the band. Iced Earth will never be the same.