Time for a new desk!

I completely agree on the ergonomics issue. I would have gotten a StudioRTA desk a while ago, but the screen shelf is on a ridiculous level. My ideal desk would be one that has the screen on about the same level as the keyboard, and two racks on each side so the nearfields can sit on top of them. I guess I just gotta find a normal, wide desk and buy two tabletop racks.

Guys if you can find the dimensions of one of the expensive desks, I will do a plan in CAD for you and then you can take it to a carpenter or metal shop and get one built for alot less and it can be shared on this forum.:)

Anyone interested??

Guys if you can find the dimensions of one of the expensive desks, I will do a plan in CAD for you and then you can take it to a carpenter or metal shop and get one built for alot less and it can be shared on this forum.:)

Anyone interested??

This is the fucking idea right here. Seriously a piece of birch, maple or a few others is only $60-80 for a sheet of it.

The only thing that gives me pause about building my own is attaching the legs - I guess I could find metal legs designated for that purpose, but if I were gonna go the wood route, I can't think of how I'd secure them strongly enough...also, the hassle of finishing the whole thing

Metaltastic

There are different ways of attaching legs you could use metal boxing for the legs and attach a H frame to the underside of the desk.

I completely agree on the ergonomics issue. I would have gotten a StudioRTA desk a while ago, but the screen shelf is on a ridiculous level. My ideal desk would be one that has the screen on about the same level as the keyboard, and two racks on each side so the nearfields can sit on top of them. I guess I just gotta find a normal, wide desk and buy two tabletop racks.

Well I just bought this baby for $250 from Sweetwater (they don't advertise it on their website cuz it's older, but apparently they still had it in inventory and gave it to me for that price! Fuck yeah...), and although I only plan on using a laptop for the next few years, I don't see what the problem would be with putting an LCD monitor on the main shelf (rather than the upper one) to get it at a comfortable height, and pushing it all the way back to have room in front of it.