timing

Dollarosa

Jan 17, 2009
hey guys, mixing a rock band at the moment and there are a few timing issues with the snare and kick. It was played with a click but still at the end of the day it is not perfect. There would be probably five or so out and you can tell. I was wondering what is the best way of fixing the problem as I will have to move the snare and kick in the overheads as well. I am using sonar 7, and I never really worked with audiosnap, and don't really want to as if lines it up all perfect the rest of the music might sound a little off. There is no opportunity to re record as the drummer is away for 4 months. Any help would be appreciated.

just cut and move those hits by hand. Make sure you cut and move ALL of the drum tracks together, and cross fade them back in. Done.

Nobody ever seems to mention cutting after the hit and crossfading that as well...if you just cut before one hit and slid the entire rest of the take over, that would make everything that was on time late, would it not?

So you would cut before and after the hit that is off and move just that section, correct?