Tinnitus.

I think most people have a variant of ringing in their ears, it's just how informed you are about the subject.

I remember watching a program on TV with billy connolly where he went and lived in the antartic for a few days, and he "discovered" that one of his ears rings continuously.

he's probably had it for years, but didn't allow himself the time to "hear" it.

I've got mild ringing after gigs, but I cut caffeine and try to live a quiet life for a day or two and it sorts the problem out. [when I'm engineering, otherwise it's full on protection]

my tinnitus went almost completely away after I stopped gigging and started eating healthy (Almost solely veggiefoods and a lot of carbs, minimum amount of fat) for half a year.

When you were gigging, weren't you using any protection? :zombie:

oh yeah, almost forgot... My studiotech teacher recommended Ginkgo biloba (some kind of natural extract is available in drugstores) for tinnitus, if its caused by stress or similiar. If its caused by loss of hear, then there is nothing to do to it. But before you slit your wrists, you should atleast try it.

Also read about some swedish method that's being developed atm to cure tinnitus... sorry I can't give more info about it but they're up to something apparently :p I'm sure it can be found with some googling.

Hmm I think it was bullshit actually... swedish newspapers regularly come up with cures for tinnitus once every other month. But I did find something else that seems a bit more serious, where a team of researchers got 10.6 million euros to fund their research on how to cure tinnitus and other things, like balance issues etc.

Unless you know swedish, you won't understand the article though, but it's mentioning the research of nano technology, to deliver the medicine to the exact right cells etc. I'm guessing we won't see this for a few more years... and that's assuming everything works flawlessly.

http://www.lakemedelsvarlden.se/zino.aspx?articleID=4893&articleCategoryID=2&issueID=113

Stem cell research is also another way to solve tinnitus researchers believe... but thank god we have people like George W Bush who is against it because of his bullshit fucking religionistic view on things. We wouldn't want people to get well now would we? Of course not, god forbid that! I'm not that into USA politicians and shit but I'm guessing most of those assholes are against stem cell research because of religion...