Tiny (but positive) review of 'The Odyssey' in Terrorizer mag

chazzyf

Feb 7, 2002
Manchester, UK
Well it's only the 2nd review of the disk I've seen in a British Magazine (Powerplay was the first - as usual) and its quite positive

taken from Terrorizer #107, page 64 'heir of the prog' column
Reliable and increasingly popular US Prog-Metal kings Symphony X have also returned with their weightiest slab of epic, twisting power-prog yet, 'The Odyssey' (Inside Out). There are some great songs here, the crowning glory of which is the 24-minute title track, a ferocious and dramatic Hollywood metal symphony based on Homer's 'The Odyssey'.

[8] Chris Chantler

@Pharoah- Good reviews man! I also posted my review of The Odyssey a few days ago, if anyone is interested :p

RE: Pharoah- Good reviews man! I also posted my review of The Odyssey a few days ago, if anyone is interested

I am, but where is it? Would you post a URL please?

When the short review for V was published, we had a chance to spend some time with Russ, Mike R. and Jason before a show in Jersey. Anyway, I showed Russ the review and he was a bit embarrassed about it (being so positive and full of praise, I guess). He blushed and said "Man, I've been all over the world, and I've seen really good bands. We just want to make music that our fans enjoy."

I'm glad to see these guys getting more exposure. How could anyone hear a CD or see a show and not be blown away by their talent? Success is not going to change them. It's just the kind of people they are, not egotistical or removed, they truly care about and appreciate their fans.
:headbang:

I agree :headbang: btw not that I really care for the reputation option, but why did someone gave me a negative point when I posted the link of my review here?