tips for piano eq

Try boosting 60-120 for a bigger sound, 2k for more clarity, 8k-15k for overtones. I usually don't eq a piano much though, I think a spaced pair of condensors without much added usually sounds great. I don't compress piano really but it is pretty dynamic so maybe a little bit to get it punchier, I wouldn't overdo it though. Try to get it sounding how you want it with mic placement really.

Also, on a side note man, I hated this song, it was one of the worst I've heard in like a long time. I know you gotta pay the bills but damn, I would hate to listen to that anymore than I had to. If that was 99% raw though, I think you did a really nice job of tracking it though. I didn't really think the phaser on the drums worked but if that's what the band wants...

if you cut around the 400-500hZ area then it tends to give it a lot of definition.hard to explain how it alters the sound but it really brings out the hammer sound.

thanks for the tips, i'll try that! about the song, u already said it all: i gotta pay the bills hehehe

I'm not sure one can narrow this down to specific frequencies.
With piano you have 6 octaves to deal with and the frequencies to EQ should really be specific to the actual piece. I would focus on the left and right hands separately usually the left hand will play the accompanyment and the right the melody... they should almost be listened to as separate instruments - If your stereo pair is recorded on separate tracks don't pan them too wide either ;)
Maybe try hipassing the right hand and low passing the left starting a bit before the and after middle c - 300-400 hz.
-b