First clip with EZDrummer

Jan 10, 2005
Ok so here's my first thing I've done with EZDrummer since I picked it up a couple of days ago. Stream @ 128 here. So far I have to say the most impressive thing about it is the ease of use and the snares they have in it. The kicks are not as boxy as the DFHS ones...however since they are pre-processed for you it's hard to work with them (i.e. taking their click out and eq'ing it to your liking, etc.). The snares are not nearly as thin as the DFHS snares, and are immediately usable with just some compression on them. The cymbals and hi-hats leave a lot to be desired, so that is something that DFHS definitely has over EZD. The ghost notes on the snare are much easier to create and sound a lot more realistic. The toms are a touch better than the DFHS ones, but that's not saying much :p

I'm really anxious to purchase the DFH add-on for EZD so I can really see what all ToonTrack has improved upon since DFHS' initial release. I know that the snares/ghost notes where some of the shortcomings of DFHS (as in, a lot of users complained about it) and it's nice to see they improved it and made it sound much better. Again...the OH's and hats are really the only thing I don't like about EZD, but then again it's not like it's 35gb of samples, so I'll let it go.

Also, the clip isn't metal, but it's slightly heavy in parts and it's the stuff I normally play so...don't expect Meshuggah or Nevermore type stuff.

~e.a

Thanks guys! It's my main axe LTD EC-1000 with dual EMG-81's into PODxt Live using two tracks of the Angel PBall (Engl PowerBall) and the Criminal (5150II) each. 100% L/R for all 4 tracks. Bass is my axe through a Digitech Whammy set to 1 octave down and into the PODxt Live using the bass pedal from the free Line6 Update. :)

~e.a

@elephant-audio: thanks for this info on the ezdrummer. that cooled down my wish to order it.

No problem. My intention isn't to sway anyone from getting it...but from my point of view which is owning DFH2, DFHS, and now EZD....DFHS is just the better one to go with...overall. However, if you just need something for demos and such, EZD rocks. Like I said I'm anxious to get the DFH add-on for EZD, I'm sure it will be a much more usable library with all of that added on.

~e.a

no sure, i got what you meant. i guess the DFHS is hard to defeat, even though it has a bunch of weaknesses.