TIVO

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I just got one of these motherfuckers & I must say that it is one of the best things I have ever owned. I have been putting together video clip compilations & just putting the stuff on want onto DVD. You can fast forward like a DVD & you get better sound & picture than a VHS! What's been your experience with these or do you own another brand of reciever?!

I just moved to live out with the coyotes and the rattlesnakes, so I had to get satellite tv. Went ahead and got the tivo with it. Haven't had time to even tinker with it other than recording a couple movies. How do you transfer to DVD? Can you hook it directly to your computer or do you have an external dvd burner?

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I just moved to live out with the coyotes and the rattlesnakes, so I had to get satellite tv. Went ahead and got the tivo with it. Haven't had time to even tinker with it other than recording a couple movies. How do you transfer to DVD? Can you hook it directly to your computer or do you have an external dvd burner?

I got the DVDR connected to the TIVO & I play the content & then burn the stuff onto the DVD, it's like having the VCR linked to the cablebox, ect.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Cool, I was hoping it would be that easy. I finally have VH1 classic and I'd like to compile all those RARE classic metal videos from the 70s and 80s. Thanks for the info!

I set it to record every episode they run then scan it & record the stuff I need to have...
By the way I have been watching Nashville Star & if any of you guys are fans of
80's rock check out Bret Michaels' version of Every Rose on this week's show...
He puts a country spin to it! I'm not a huge fan of Poison, but this is a well written song! Plus it lacks that hack C.C. Deville!!!!!

Agreed! I have the Dish Network DVR (pretty much the same) and now can never live without one of these suckers. It's great for pausing TV when tucking the kiddos in too! Haha.