to be or not to be

what's your thoughts on our existence. What's your life theory?

I was jut curious how other people perceive life and its meaning. There isn't an answer to such questions ofcourse.

NP: Porcupine Tree - It Will Rain For A Million Years

"Finding questions, never answers, living time behind another face"

sweet last lyric line :p

Our existence is not to be taken that seriously, since we don't know where we're heading. All we can know by touching and tasting the world outside is that the world exists. Some people then try to tell us that's all there is because that's all we can see. To see is overrated and thuss I think our existence is overrated.
Life is shallow and as far as I know completely irrelevant. Everything you do and are in this world will completely fade away. The answers everyone is looking for can be found after death, so till that time I'll accept this shallow play and play along.

Fundamentally, human beings are survival machines for genetic material and I expect no answers, or anything, after death. Humanity's future might be among the stars or it might be in a pile of ash, but I think that real purpose is something that has to be found within the life of every individual. I think that devotion to a sports team is no less a worthy path than religious devotion. To quote Thomas Nagel, if from the perspective of eternity everything is meaningless, then that fact is also meaningless and we can live lives which are ironic rather than tragic.

first of all... what album is that from

it's from "On The Sunday Of Life...".

I don't really like it, but that song is great for chilling out at night.

The album is a compilation of the very first matterial that wilson written with alan duffy, who has written most lyrics of the songs included. Only radioactive toy and another song is remastered if i'm not wrong, the rest is taken from tapes, so you can imagine that it's just experimenting and low quality, it doesn't really stand as an album. Wilson rated it with a 1/5 :p

Tone deaf should check out "be" by pain of salvation if he hasn't already.

the point of life is to reproduce, same as every other living thing.

if repoduce stops, then there isn't actually life in future, so it does make sense. I consider it the most primal instinct of all. It disgusts me for some reason, the whole process to breed life, makes me feel loathing towards human nature. I mean acting as the most intelligent of all the beings and at the same time acting like an animal. I should put on some misanthropic black metal to relax :ill:

Muse's frontman believes that we are a crossover of monkeys and aliens :loco: