To/Die/For

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
To/Die/For are by far my favourite Finnish band. I only have their 'Epilogue' album but it's amazing when I'm in the mood for that kind of stuff.

I love the mix of In Flames style boppyness and the massive gothic thing they've got going.

Anyone else into this awesome band?

They used to play rock (they were called Mary-Ann), but when gothic stuff became popular here in Finland they changed their style completely (all-black clothing and hair, pitch-shifter to vocals etc.)

Gothic 'metal' is an easy genre to make money here...

I hate them. Not only do they play lame goth music, but I once spilled beer on their drummer, and the silly midget went berserk and tried to start a fight with me :mad:

Here is pic, he is Tonmi, the guy on the left.
offday.jpg

Hmmm, not the kind of responses I was expecting :lol:

Anyway, I hate it when people spill beer on me too!!:(

I don't know To/Die/For very well, but my girlfriend has two or three To/Die/For albums. And well, they're not that bad, although I don't listen to Gothic Rock/Metal in general

Some To Die For stuff is quite nice imo...Epilogue is a good album especially "In solitude" & "Frail without you" rock...and I always liked the Sandra cover... btw these guys owe me a gig because on the last show of the tour with Sentenced they were too drunk to play....instead they came onto stage, completely naked, when Sentenced played and made some chaos...:lol:

Originally posted by Downfall
Try Sentenced, for example ( http://www.sentenced.org ). Everything To/Die/For does, Sentenced has done A) earlier B) better...

Their singer is in the middle in that pic, by the way...
dunno what TDF and Sentenced ever have/had in common excect for sad lyrics :err: what have Sentenced to do with gothic metal, in the first place?! :confused: and TDF on Epilogue? :err:

as for my part, I like some TDF songs (some from All Eternity and some from Epilogue)

I think Sentenced's music is 'the good alternative to gothic metal'. melancholy metal, or something like that.

I only like one song, "In the heat of the night" and that's a cover. :lol:

I've heard lots of nasty things about guys... And... Didn't they break up a while ago?!

I despise To die for:puke: :yuk:

And their image is really strange and confjusing... the guys of the band likes some pop/ techno music ( I´ve heard about ) and dressing in black....:rolleyes:
It`s like I was wearing like hippie people and listend yet metal...:rolleyes:

They have still good drummer Tomni...
He used to play in Sinergy and made good work in it!!! :headbang: