To Fellow Computer Gee.....*Cough* Gurus

Cat5Messiah

Violator of Sheep
Jan 21, 2003
Seattle/Tacoma (Browns Point), WA
www.myspace.com
I was going to order a Thermalright SLK-900U but my Motherboard was not listed on the Motherboard compatibility list. I tried even looking at other lists on other Heatsinks on that site, and found nothing on my Motherboard. I could use some information. My Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-7ZXE which is a 133 FSB SDRAM Mobo (I know, it's sad). Information on this Heatsink or maybe suggestions on what to get will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

hmm...you ever thought about water cooling not this expensive fans for air colling system? if you have "strong configuration" like I will have soon, then think about water cooling, man. waste of money for these expensive fans.

I have Athlon 3200+ right now, and Zalman 6000 Al-Cu is good enough for now. but will buy Barton 2500+ procesor and overclocked it to near 4000+ I hope, so in these cases you need water cooling. its really waste of money for air coolers I guess.

since a few weeks i'm on a 1700+ (tbred A 1,5v) on a MSI K7N2 Delta L (official support for fsb 200), with a TT Volcano 9 cooler

i gotta tell you, the 1700+ fucking kicks ass!
when i'm not playing games i use it at 200x8 and with the fan at middle RPM, and when i'm going to play games for a while, i kick it to 200x11 (2200mhz with air cooling, suck it!) at no more than 1,575v and it's all stable as fuck!

the reason i bought such budget parts though is that here in Argentina we're 3 to 1 against the dollar, and since EVERYTHING is imported, stuff costs exactly 3x here :-((

about temps, at 1600mhz: 40 idle 48 in use
at 2200mhz: 45-48 idle and around 58-59 in use

i know 59 sucks, but i can still improve the airflow in my case, i just need to get off my lazy ass and get some fan grills and then open up holes in the case...