To Heaven Through Hell - A Tribute To Dio Now Available

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
NOW AVAILABLE THE BACKSTAGE METAL DIO TRIBUTE!

Featuring artists from the Andy Sneap Umtimate Metal Forum!

The Backstage Metal Dio Tribute was but together by Dio fans from around the world. We all wanted to pay homage to one of the greatest rock singers of all time, and we thought this would be a fitting way to do it. Dio was such a huge influence on all of us, when he passed we all were drawn together and through his music we all found solace and serenity. In addition we decided to make this tribute Free with a donation to the Ronnie James Dio “Stand Up And Shout” Cancer Fund. While a donation is not needed to download and listen to this music. We would appreciate it if you made a donation. Even $1 can help.

You can find more info and download your copy at http://backstagemetal.com/?page_id=19

Wow, incredible performance in all of the songs. I thoroughly enjoyed them and I am amazed how great they all work as a whole, considering how mechanical the songorder was.

But there's something I really have too comment on and I have to blame myself for not checking this earlier but there's several places with audible clipping on many of the songs and these 3 stood out the most:
Holy Diver - Serious clipping in the beginning until the compressor settles in which also is VERY audible.
We Rock - Intro guitars aren't supposed to be in the center. The mix I sent had a loud guitar to the left and a very quiet right guitar. If that was an issue I would've changed it.
We're Stars - Serious clipping when the rest of the band comes in, similar issue as Holy Diver.
I guess the issue is a incredibly slow attack on a compressor or something like that on both Holy Diver and We're Stars, got no clue on the We Rock one as I've never used anything that would give similar results.

Wow, incredible performance in all of the songs. I thoroughly enjoyed them and I am amazed how great they all work as a whole, considering how mechanical the songorder was.

But there's something I really have too comment on and I have to blame myself for not checking this earlier but there's several places with audible clipping on many of the songs and these 3 stood out the most:
Holy Diver - Serious clipping in the beginning until the compressor settles in which also is VERY audible.
We Rock - Intro guitars aren't supposed to be in the center. The mix I sent had a loud guitar to the left and a very quiet right guitar. If that was an issue I would've changed it.
We're Stars - Serious clipping when the rest of the band comes in, similar issue as Holy Diver.
I guess the issue is a incredibly slow attack on a compressor or something like that on both Holy Diver and We're Stars, got no clue on the We Rock one as I've never used anything that would give similar results.

Haven't had the chance to download it from that link as it allready was non available when I saw this, but on the files morton posted I don't think that I heared any clipping, especially not on Holy Diver (mixed that one, so I would have noticed I guess).

at least "Children.." wasn't mentioned :fu:

Wow just downloaded and checked, something must have gone wrong man.
Definitly didn't sound like that on the master wavs
sounds like run through a donkey's ass, maybe something shat on it while packing on uploading? (refering to the first few seconds of Holy Diver)

Wow just downloaded and checked, something must have gone wrong man.
Definitly didn't sound like that on the master wavs
sounds like run through a donkey's ass, maybe something shat on it while packing on uploading? (refering to the first few seconds of Holy Diver)

Oh that´s very annoying, indeed :( Holy diver sounds damn great, one of my faves of the Tribute Album. But the dynamic issue in the first seconds is unbearable.

Oh that´s very annoying, indeed :( Holy diver sounds damn great, one of my faves of the Tribute Album. But the dynamic issue in the first seconds is unbearable.

Mixing the 3 singers was quite a bit of a challange ;)
Yeah indeed, can't leave it like that.

The master wav files I have do the exact same thing. If you can get me the new masters I will re-covert them

Jason, I still have all the wavs of the last update Morton did upload.
They sound quite the same to me (the ones that clip are a tiny bit louder I think).
Could just upload those for you for holy diver and we're stars and we should be done. Doesnt sound to me like morton tweaked it a lot after that update before sending them to you.