To Mr. Jacob Hansen / Guitars

trym^^

Nov 15, 2005
berlin
if mr. hansen still frequents this forum,
heres my question.
i'm a huge fan of your work in general,
particularly the guitarsound which to me seems kinda
unique. whether its raunchy, invocator or fearmythoughts.
apparently thats rectifier in all cases but obviously theres
some special treatment going on right ? would you mind
sharing a few insights on this ?
cheers.

I seem to remember him saying that he often blend the Mesa with a Marshall Valvestate.

I seem to remember him saying that he often blend the Mesa with a Marshall Valvestate.

yep. I heard that from the other guitarist in Invocator. He actually said that he preferred the valvestate because it was a lot tighter.

Oh and it seems he has a few units of the Boss GE21 if I remember that uses a lot.

EDIT: Boss RGE-10 EQ not GE21

Hi there! Thanks for the interest! :)

I use different amps for different occasions. Just did the new Nightrage with 5150 and the Recto head, although the Valvestate was used for leads. Nice firm tone.

The new Fear My Thoughts is Recto + 5150 as well. We tried a number of amps. Ended up with classic stuff...

I've done The burning (www.myspace.com/theburningdk) with an Engl Savage 120, which sounded nice. Communic with a Powerball (as far as I remember).

They're mostly all tweaked a little bit with either the rge-10 or BBE sonic maximizer 362 or similiar.

On Raunchy it's Recto + Valvestate. I've used that combination quite often, as the tightness of the Valvestate really adds to the sound, instead of having 2 tube heads being "slow" and "warm".