To the Europeans who drink...

doc_backmask

Aug 2, 2006
Dayton, OH
www.backmask.com
I've finally decided to join you and post random threads about drinking. So here I am, after a glass of Pinot (with a decent meal of shrimp and crab ravioli with lemon-garlic sauce) and two full glasses of Bushmill's (yeah, second rate Irish, but I have to finish it before I can open the Jameson's). Oh yeah, Gavin, Irish whisky is better than Scotch whiskey. My grandpa hates me for saying that, and he almost beat me up for it. :lol:

im gonna have to disagree with you being Scotish and all. Theres no way the Irish could beat us at our game!:p

tbh i allways prefered jager to whiskey , it tastes nicer and kinda comes on you all of a sudden then your like "whoa" and your drunk :kickass:

I've finally decided to join you and post random threads about drinking. So here I am, after a glass of Pinot (with a decent meal of shrimp and crab ravioli with lemon-garlic sauce) and two full glasses of Bushmill's (yeah, second rate Irish, but I have to finish it before I can open the Jameson's). Oh yeah, Gavin, Irish whisky is better than Scotch whiskey. My grandpa hates me for saying that, and he almost beat me up for it. :lol:

That sounded tasty!
Check Tullamore Dew, it's a blend

im gonna have to disagree with you being Scotish and all. Theres no way the Irish could beat us at our game!:p

tbh i allways prefered jager to whiskey , it tastes nicer and kinda comes on you all of a sudden then your like "whoa" and your drunk :kickass:

Aye, Jager's a bitch for that..

I'll never forget that night when I ordered a pint of Snakebite and a double Jager, expecting the barmaid to put them in seperate glasses...

She didn't. Every single time :kickass: That was a good night

Haha, yeah, Jager ain't bad, though dark, overly thick liquor (esp. Captain Morgan, blleeehhhh) kinda makes me nauseous - call me girly, but vodka is still my drink of choice cuz it's the most crisp and clear (and it's still 80 proof, come on now). Oh, and I don't mind some whiskeys (ok, Jack Daniel's), but I think Jameson's and all the scotch my dad has that I've tried (and he loves his Scotch, so he's had quite a collection, e.g. Cutty Sark, Cluny, Johnny Walker Black) are the most horrendous, vile stuff I've ever drank (except for Absinthe, of course :loco: ). So at least I'm an equal-opportunity hater! :D

Cider is rather enjoyable

As I type this i'm currently sat here with a huge bottle of Magners, listening to fucking Pirate Metal..with half a bottle of Captain Morgan I have left over from the other day for after.

Can't think of a better way to end the day once the girlfriend has gone to bed to be honest. Life is good :kickass:

To me, it basically doesn't matter what it is, as long as it get's the job done. Been drinking tonight: several different beers, Jägermeister, Jack Daniels, Absolut Vodka, some Gin, Tequila silver, Sambuca and some nasty expensive cocktails. I'm not picky when it comes to whiskey or wine, but I do prefer German beer. And yeah, corn schnapps ftw!

For me its jager and beer (becks) allthough i do like a good scotch once in a while and i really couldnt decide between jamesons and glenfiditch, ciders not bad only problem is your breath smells like ass afterwards. but hey at they end of the day it really is whatever does the trick.

we we're drinking real russian vodka (Parlament) yesterday. awesome stuff but usually I'm more into german beer, whiskey and gin :)

I like Guinness and kilkeny but I like scotch better than irish whisky.

If you ever try english beer you want to get some Newcastle Brown.:heh::heh:

I'm not european, but I got to agree on the scotch whiskey :kickass: Granted the only Irish i've had is probably Jameson. While I also enjoy the Jager, and some rum time to time - i'm a total whiskey/burbon man. Patron tequilla is tasty but pricey, but I can not stand vodka. Without fail always gives me the worse headaches and stiffs me up.

I'd take a nice wine though at the end of the day. Pinot Noir, Cab Sav or even a Gewurztraminer if I'm down with a white.

+1

Duvel and Judas should kill most of England's population if they drank it over there :D

Yeah right, obviously you have never drunk real english ALE 5.0% alc content and above I remeber Michael Angelo coming over from USA and getting pis*ed after 5 pints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you really want to get wasted try drinking english cider or snake bite:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah right, obviously you have never drunk real english ALE 5.0% alc content and above I remeber Michael Angelo coming over from USA and getting pis*ed after 5 pints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you really want to get wasted try drinking english cider or snake bite:lol::lol::lol::lol:

5 % is nothing if you wana get pissed you drink hermanntaor its from the vancouver island brewing company and its 9.5 %, tastes prety good too.

Hermannatorbottle.jpg