To the Pittsburg people going to Opeth...

valgalder

Sep 19, 2002
Buffalo, NY
I'm traveling to the Opeth show in Pittsburg coming from near Buffalo, NY. I usually go to Cleveland or Rochester for non-buffalo dates (ie 90% of metal dates) but I have never been to a Pittsburg show. How are the turnouts and would you suggest getting tickets ahead of time for the Opeth show? I usually just get tix at the door, but I wouldnt want to drive 3+ hours to get turned down. Thanks..

Mike

I bought tickets to the CLeveland show even though I am from Pittsburgh because they added the Pittsburgh date late. I have been only to one underground type metal show and that was Arch Enemy/God Forbid and the turnout was pretty good. I would imagine that the turnout for Opeth will be even better so if I were you I would buy tickets online if you can.

I wouldn't risk driving all the way from Buffalo to Pittsburgh and find out they're sold out. The shows I have been to in Pittsburgh have been pretty good turnouts.

I'm from Pittsburgh and have been to a good number of shows. The turnout is usually pretty good. I always get tickets beforehand to avoid the possibility of the show being sold out. They usually do have some at the door. But, since you're traveling this far, I'd get them in advance.

Hey Mike....It's about damn time you showed up here on the board. :D You lucky bastard. It's looking like my extremely poor financial situation is going to screw me out of seeing them on this tour. If I still lived up that way it'd be a different story. (I'd hitch a ride along with y'all heh) Plus the car might shit the bed on the long haul from down here and that would make thing very expensive. :mad:
Make sure you take lots of pics man and have a good time. :headbang:

I haven't been there for a show since probably Death/Hammerfall .......which was a good crowd, but I don't think it was sold out.

I really hope it gets packed.

Hey.....is Moonlyght on the whole tour? ...or will some PGH local band open?